Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
mud-magnet said:
you guys have some awesome trails and area to wheel, you don't know how lucky you are.... eventually i'll be taking a traip somewhere, but it won't be that far.... thats gotta be over a weeks drive.... :shaking:

LOL! Yea, that's about 800miles a day....... 3 days out, 3 days back :D

It is definately worth doing though....... EVERY YEAR!!!!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
well i just played with the map directions thing and its 3200 MILES each way for me.... it so look to be worth it though..... one of these years i wanna head somewhere good....

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Awesome pics!! The 'Con in September, huh? I might be able to swing that one!! How did the Krawlers and suspension work? Any issues or troubles? Looks very good!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
sh996 said:
Awesome pics!! The 'Con in September, huh? I might be able to swing that one!! How did the Krawlers and suspension work? Any issues or troubles? Looks very good!
Yea, that's the plan. the Con in September NEXT year :rolleyes: No way I can fork out the dough to go that far this year. :(

Krawlers did great but it took me a few trails to figure out how to best drive them on the slickrock. I ran aronnd 4-5 psi and believe that I would have been better off at 2-3. I didn't try it as the ride back from the trailhead of Flat Iron Mesa was scary enough on the road. It was like I was Ice wheeling. :eek:

Suspension worked well once I started winching down the front. It unloaded a bit too much for my taste but limiting it helped a ton! I think I am gonna put a limiting strap on the front and rear when the axles move outward :cool2:

21 - 24 of 24 Posts