Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an extra laying around I could buy for some chopping up testing?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah I'm not either, but I've been wanting to know since most crawler gears and doublers are made for V6 models

·
Registered
37 Posts
the v6 has larger input and output spline. but same t-case I believe. if you search i think is like 21 spline vs 23 spline or something. I've thought about trying to mismatch the cases together if I ever find another

·
Under Powered
905 Posts
24 spline input on the 4-cylinder case, 30-spline input on the V6 case. Both have the same 30-spline rear output that matches the input on the V6 case.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great to know, thankyou! So it doesn't matter what case I get for what I'm wanting to do.

·
Under Powered
905 Posts
So then that means I can't just bolt up a V6 Tcase on my 4 banger transmission...
Correct. The input shaft/gear is the only difference between the cases but is part of the gear reduction set so a V6 set of crawler gears will not work. Calmini was making a set for the 24 spline inputs at one time. You can, however, do the TX-10/TX-10 doubler by stacking another V6 case out back.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Just because I'm curious, what kind of chopping are you interested in? I have a case here I've had milled down quite a bit to gain some extra clearance, don't know if I may be able to help by measuring anything on mine.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just want to see if I can make the low range gear set with an output yoke to shorten the case up. Basically make it a low range box with the slip yoke and rear case. I don't think anything would be modified permanently other than the shaft.

·
Under Powered
905 Posts
There are a handful of guys that have build reduction boxes out of their t-cases. The "standard" approach is to use an automatic transmission tailhousing to match to the rear case, hack the front output off the front case, and make an aluminum adapter to bolt the front case to the rear case once the rear housing is cut down. There are a few threads about that in this Nissan forum.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I already have the NP 205 behind my 4:1 nissan case. I'm just wanting to shorten it up as much as possible and still keep it divorced. I don't think I've seen that done yet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts