Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 96 4.3 vortec with a 4l60 remoovable bellhouising can this tranny be built to manuel shift or will it shift out even when it is still in first gear when the rpm gets up there.
i have no clue should i ditch it and go to what i know 350 turbo or 700r4. this buggy should way around 3000lbs
any help :confused:

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think this one is the newer version of the old 4l60e i think ?

·
Registered
206 Posts
This 4L60E is completely electronic. There are no mechanical inputs other than the shift linkage. It will shift out of first gear when manually selected, but its at around 35MPH in 2wd. which is right around redline. You should be alright as long as your not on the rev limiter in 4wd low. But that all depends on what gears your running. Hope this helps. :beer::beer:

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
4L60 is just the new name for the 700R-4. Then it went eletronic in 93 (IIRC) and became the 4L60E

There was just an article in Petersen's 4WOR about TCI making a full reverse manual valve body for these trannies that will keep it in first (or whatever gear) at all times. Contact TCI

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Hard head (ya you need more wires)

Dont do it. Stay simple for the last time. If you use it get a tow rope.:flipoff2: ;)

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Hard head (ya you need more wires)

Dan Dibble said:
Dont do it. Stay simple for the last time. If you use it get a tow rope.:flipoff2: ;)
well we will be a pair you with that broken in half atlas and me with a bad tranny hope those dual winches will pull us to the road:flipoff2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts