Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Shifting from 1-2 results in revving unless I left off the throttle, then it will shift quickly and into 3rd. When in gear it holds fine. It’s in a crawler so 4th is not very common.

Climbing steep grades it will hunt and stay in 1st. Try to shift to second, rev then when I let off the throttle it will grab 1st and hold.

I got water in it last December. I’ve flushed it a time or three since. Found this in the pan today while planned to swap the servos.

What does pbb think: Should I just pull it, or disregard clean it change the filter and put it back together so I can wheel this week?

·
Registered
470 Posts
That is the lining from your 2-4 band in the pan there. You will need to pull the transmission. Also plan on the reverse drum that the band grabs onto being trash also.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is the lining from your 2-4 band in the pan there. You will need to pull the transmission. Also plan on the reverse drum that the band grabs onto being trash also.
Thanks for the quick response. Not what I wanted to hear, but more like what I expected to hear. :beer:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Thanks for the quick response. Not what I wanted to hear, but more like what I expected to hear. :beer:
No problem. Remember if you do slap the pan on and drive around you will be sending powdered metal and burnt clutch through the rest of the trans and your cooler will be getting plugged up. So, I would not advise wheeling it around. But thats me...Ha!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem. Remember if you do slap the pan on and drive around you will be sending powdered metal and burnt clutch through the rest of the trans and your cooler will be getting plugged up. So, I would not advise wheeling it around. But thats me...Ha!
I’m glad I pulled the pan and asked on here. We drive to the trail and back, typically 300 miles round trip and 8000 feet of elevation climbed. This trans was built for this rig. I dunked it under water, I don’t want to destroy it if avoidable. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts