Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how road legal it's going to be in CA or UT, or even here in AZ for that matter - but seems that keeping the windshield would help me get between trails on road in UT (think Moab) and maybe down the 50 to the Rubicon. Kinda torn between keeping it and tossing it right now.....what do you think?

·
Registered
198 Posts
toss it and get a piece of plastic glass (i know its not plexi glass, but i forgot what it is exactly called) to bolt to your roll cage

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Id just keep it till you break it.. Its nice to keep it somewhat road legal, and just keep bugs and shit out yo grill. :mr-t:

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Make it removable :p

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Don't use plexiglass. It will shatter.

Use lexan or speedglass as mentioned.

I would ditch the windshield personally and make one of lexan that is removeable and attaches to the cage.

Sounds like the windshield isn't going to make it much more street legal.

Ryan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lexan will be safer in a roll. Safety glass won't kill you but you can get cut up pretty back, where if Lexan is mounted right it will just pop off in one pice. What does Poison Spyder use on the Bruisers?

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Lexan does scratch. I didn't even get one trip out of one before it was scratched to hell from tree branches and light use of wipers. Also had a hard roll, at speed the same trip and it didn't break.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
A center bar can get you a ticket in Moab regardless of window or not.
A lady in our club got a ticket for no side marker lights in the rear during Safari. If they want to pull you over, they'll find something with most rigs.

Speedglass is def. the way to go imo.

Ryan

·
Registered
14,711 Posts
A lady in our club got a ticket for no side marker lights in the rear during Safari. If they want to pull you over, they'll find something with most rigs.

Speedglass is def. the way to go imo.

Ryan
are you trying to say cops are assholes? i'll say it for you. COPS ARE ASSHOLES. that is all.:laughing:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
What if the vehicle its registered as didn't have side marker lights to begin with? Like my '47 Willys, its going to be a buggy with the bare essentials to run the roads if I feel like it. But it didn't have any side marker lights from the factory.

Think that Speedglass sounds like the ticket, I want to chop/lower and customize the windshield section and want something I can cut to size and fit in there. But still keep the embossed WILLYS in the bottom center. :D

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yep, lexan scratches - easily. I used to have lexan in the rear window when the truck still had a body.

What is speed glass? Is it glass, or a type of plastic?

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Make it removable if you want a windshield. I am just glad to see that you are still around. Maybe we can get you out on the trail one day.:p

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
why not make it fold down like on a fj40

1 - 20 of 27 Posts