Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how road legal it's going to be in CA or UT, or even here in AZ for that matter - but seems that keeping the windshield would help me get between trails on road in UT (think Moab) and maybe down the 50 to the Rubicon. Kinda torn between keeping it and tossing it right now.....what do you think?

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Don't use plexiglass. It will shatter.

Use lexan or speedglass as mentioned.

I would ditch the windshield personally and make one of lexan that is removeable and attaches to the cage.

Sounds like the windshield isn't going to make it much more street legal.

Ryan

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
A lady in our club got a ticket for no side marker lights in the rear during Safari. If they want to pull you over, they'll find something with most rigs.

Speedglass is def. the way to go imo.

Ryan
are you trying to say cops are assholes? i'll say it for you. COPS ARE ASSHOLES. that is all.:laughing:

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
A lady in our club got a ticket for no side marker lights in the rear during Safari. If they want to pull you over, they'll find something with most rigs.
What if the vehicle its registered as didn't have side marker lights to begin with? Like my '47 Willys, its going to be a buggy with the bare essentials to run the roads if I feel like it. But it didn't have any side marker lights from the factory.

Think that Speedglass sounds like the ticket, I want to chop/lower and customize the windshield section and want something I can cut to size and fit in there. But still keep the embossed WILLYS in the bottom center. :D

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Make it removable if you want a windshield. I am just glad to see that you are still around. Maybe we can get you out on the trail one day.:p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.