Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...I have a built 84 runner with a 4.3 dual cases all the stuff. My body is just beat to shit.

I have found a 2nd gen runner with a blown motor. Would you swap my stuff over and buld this 2nd gen or leave mine ugly or bondo it all up.

If I move my 4.3 over will I need a body lift to run an auto? How many of you guys have gone from 1st gen runners to 2nd gen as your trail rig.

I can't tube it b/c we wheel in the winter and wakeboard in the summer and it is to damn cold and wet. Your thoughts?:D

·
Premium Member
3,238 Posts
You've already trashed one four runner, why trash another? If this is for a trail rig, leave everything in your original pile.

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Don't do it!

PLEASE let me in on this "good deal" so I can have it to build and actually have room for me, the wife, and both kids :)

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Bones said:
I knew you be in on this soon David :flipoff2:
And this one is even closer than before :p

RootBass - interested in my 90 cab and frame, set up for SAS already? ;)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DRM.
isn't it like missing doors and interior and all sorts of other goodies? Is this the one you were going to build and stopped?

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Rootbass said:
DRM.
isn't it like missing doors and interior and all sorts of other goodies? Is this the one you were going to build and stopped?
not missing a DANG thing! Perfect interior (buckets) no dents!!!, complete cab and front clip, no bed of front bumper.

I was just about to start building it again actualy.... but I would LOVE to have something that the whole family could ride in :)

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
fender is off, but it is all there :)

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry David....I thought you had a 90 runner. I did not read your post correctly. I too have the wife and a baby!!!

I want to build a 4runner not a pickumup truck.:D

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Rootbass said:
Sorry David....I thought you had a 90 runner. I did not read your post correctly. I too have the wife and a baby!!!

I want to build a 4runner not a pickumup truck.:D
I hate you.

:crybaby2:

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
SAS that purdy DD 4runner and make the 90 PU a daily. I know it'd be a PITA, but it's an option.

Rootbass, I wouldn't do it since you already have a built rig. Sheetmetal is fixable and cheaper. Let DRM have the deal :p

·
Registered
509 Posts
Rick, here is an option sell your existing adapter stuff and buy a R151F, NO BODY LIFT! You could have a 5 speed again if you wanted. just my .02 :beer:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Tubbed buggy's don't stop the guys up here from running in the wet, rain, snow and mud and in the PNW we have lots. If it isn't a DD I would buggy it and put some removable pannels. If you are completly against tube then just keep it ugly. It will wind up that way again I'm sure. How ugly is ugly?

·
Registered
34,181 Posts
Bones said:
SAS that purdy DD 4runner and make the 90 PU a daily. I know it'd be a PITA, but it's an option.

Rootbass, I wouldn't do it since you already have a built rig. Sheetmetal is fixable and cheaper. Let DRM have the deal :p
A-friggen-men! I was going to suggest the exact same thing earlier today, but didn't want to ruffle David's feathers.. :rolleyes: :D

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
rockota said:

A-friggen-men! I was going to suggest the exact same thing earlier today, but didn't want to ruffle David's feathers.. :rolleyes: :D
Man, as it is now I don;t have time to get ONE truck put together (both are DOA right now :( ) how do you expect me to disassemble then reassemble TWO trucks? :p

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have always wanted a built 2nd gen runner. It needs fenders and both sides are smashed on it at the 1/4 panels. The problem is that they don't make quarter panels to fix mine. Lately my tires have been stuffing my fender back and the door is hitting the fender when I open it.(yet the seam has been beat down and the front has been moved forward:flipoff2: )

Then the fun one was yesterday we had to pull this big ass holley bush out of the ground at our new house. My truck popped a wheelie trying to pull it out. My buddy finally got it out with his f250 powerstroke. In the process broke his ball of the receiver and launched it like a scud through my passenger door on the runner. Yeah I know we should not have pulled by the ball.....turns out it really could break off.

BTW it is this ugly.....

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
I guess I need to post a picture of mine when I get home, that thing's purdy (as they say it in GA and TN) :D :D :D .

1 - 20 of 37 Posts