Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Not lookin for a flame suit here. I myself have a tricked 80 yota and my buddy has a tricked 87 yota. My g/f has a 1999 4 runner and would really like to lift her truck, but I can't find any good options.

She currently has a 3" ramtek lift and to me you can't even tell its been lifted. She's not ready to do a SAS yet (still need to do some convincing) so i'm looking for other options here. Although I am looking for a D44 for it :flipoff2:

From what i've found there are only 3" kits available out there, but no one has any good pics of them installed on the runners and I don't want to buy her another lame short lift like the ramtek. I'm looking for the kit that offers the highest amount of lift without doing the SAS.

Anyone got an links out there do some good lifts and also some trail armor.

thanks for ur help!

·
Registered
11 Posts
get yourself the old man emu springs, which is made by ARB. find them at rocky-road 4x4.com or something like that

·
Registered
623 Posts
If it is already lifted 3", why go higher? Does she wheel it?

·
Registered
822 Posts
if you want more than 3" of lift you're goning to have to go with a bracket lift. i think different companies make them from 4-6 inches. skyjacker superlift etc. my 2000 has a 3" toytec coil spacer lift in the front and old man emu lift coils in the rear. i run 285s with out a problem.

·
Registered
557 Posts
your going to have to go to a bracket lift if u want to go any higher. the cv's on these things cant handle more than 2in difference than they came stock. i have the 3" toytec (ome springs) and a 1" dif drop. My tires are 255/85

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
3" suspension and a 2" BL.
With trimming it should fit a 35" tire and be quite capable.

Here's my 01 with 2.5" suspension and 1.5" BL on 305 KM's.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
But beware of this after anything more than 3" of suspension lift.

And one on level ground while I'm still in my photobucket acct.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Nice Runner Matthew:smokin:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Look into a belly pan, some sliders, and a rear locker and wheel the shit out of it. check budbuilt for his skid plates.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
She's Already got the locker and is slowly startin to wheel it. We took it over to eastern Oregon and played some this weekened. I'd like to SAS is but for now we at least like to get it "looking" more off-road capable.. (Bumpers, sliders, tires, rims etc...) Its her DD so its got to meet both worlds.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The "look" won't be any different unless you do the bracket lift.
If you put some more aggressive tires on it that'd change the looks a lot. My old ones were 285/75-16 Goodyear MTRs.

Here's mine PRE SAS.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How did you manage to clear the 285's? Shes got 265s on now and it rubs some on the rear fenders. I put 285's on a runner with the same lift as hers at work yesterday and they rub some just turning. I couldn't imagine how bad they would rub when wheelin unless you did some tubbing.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Mine didn't have the fender flares, that might've made a difference. It rubbed a tiny bit in front on the frame at full turn/stuff. But no sheet metal mods required on mine. Where's hers rubbing at? Maybe the wheel offset too.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts