Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going to be dropping a new motor into my 40's to replace the tired old 350sb and need to replace the clutch to something that will handle the extra grunt that its goin to have... not wanting to pull the motor till im ready to drop the new one in so trying to get all the bits needed such as the clutch, now i know its the 10 spline but what size 10 spline? there seems to be a complete lack of information (that i can find)

1-1/8 or 1-1/4 or 1-1/16??? seems to be the varying sizes i can find :(

now if its 1-1/8 there is a few options as its the same as the GM :D centreforce duel friction sounds pretty good from the write ups?

whats your opinions of the best clutched for money to hold a heap of stroked sb tourque??

cheers
Ben

·
Premium Member
3,587 Posts
its the same size as any gm truck tranny 3/4, 1 ton..... i used a centerforce it worked great, i used a borg and beck style(3fingered) mcleod it worked great but had a stiff pedal.... now i just go to the parts store and get an HD truck clutch kit and is good to go and tons cheaper ..... unless your running huge horsepower it should be fine.... my 2cents
goodluck

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers mate, so it is just 1-1/8 10 spline aye? standard GM size?

its going to be a mild 383 turning 36" tyres so need a bit of grunt, my standard'ish 350 slips the clutch if i feed it at the moment with a HD clutch

·
Premium Member
3,587 Posts
cheers mate, so it is just 1-1/8 10 spline aye? standard GM size?

its going to be a mild 383 turning 36" tyres so need a bit of grunt, my standard'ish 350 slips the clutch if i feed it at the moment with a HD clutch
yep. honestly i dont know the exact dimension , but i do know its the same as an sm465... 10spline
sounds like you better get the centerforce ,,,, strong clamp and soft pedal
make sure you get the propper throwout bearing for whatever one you go with

cheers back at ya mate!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea sweet as, have emailed Jegs to get his reccomendation on which centreforce would be best but im thinking the duel friction 11" job to be on the safe side :evil: last thing i want is to smoke up a clutch mid comp:mad3:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts