Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

images work? trying to copy from facebook.

anyways, registration is open. show up, have fun! Great venue and if i'm in town i'll be bringing the family out for the day

https://www.facebook.com/ReiterRockCrawl/

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Thanks for posting. I've had trouble finding camping anywhere near Reiter. I camped on the river outside of Index, but the place was literally packed with people.

·
Premium Member
29,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for posting. I've had trouble finding camping anywhere near Reiter. I camped on the river outside of Index, but the place was literally packed with people.
hadn't considered it, it's a 3 or so hour drive for me depending on traffic.

i asked on facebook and will cross post the answer here as well if anybody local has anything to add :beer:
@crash is right there still?

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
I stayed at the Stevens Pass Motel last year. They had plenty of room for trailer parking but no AC in the rooms.

I don’t think Crash has a place up that way any longer.

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
We sold our place in gold bar but I am still very close in monroe...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Racers are allowed to camp in Reiter! Hopefully this corona crap gets done by then

·
Premium Member
29,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Racers are allowed to camp in Reiter! Hopefully this corona crap gets done by then
if nothing else, i think everybody will be tired of hearing about it and no longer complaint by summer :laughing:

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
If work parties are canceled thru may then yes it won't happen more than likely.

I have more trails going in starting may and there is allot of work to do prior..

·
Premium Member
29,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Currently still projected to be on, as of now. :smokin:

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Lol.. its not May.. :homer::D
But the club putting it on has allot of volunteer hours to achieve prior to the event. We are unable to do anything along hose lines currently and I would be shocked if the state lets anything of this nature happen before september.

·
Registered
175 Posts
But the club putting it on has allot of volunteer hours to achieve prior to the event. We are unable to do anything along hose lines currently and I would be shocked if the state lets anything of this nature happen before september.
Volunteer hours? Like for what? Setting up the courses and event staging? What are you not able to do along what lines?

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Its the same for any permit on DNR lands, be it a bike event, quad event and so forth. The event is pretty hard on whats out there and there is certain things that need to be addressed prior. I won't go into it as I am too busy now out there helping get the next set of trails built.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Its the same for any permit on DNR lands, be it a bike event, quad event and so forth. The event is pretty hard on whats out there and there is certain things that need to be addressed prior. I won't go into it as I am too busy now out there helping get the next set of trails built.
While I have never seen anywhere on a dnr permit that says you must volunteer before paying to do an event.. maybe things are different up there?.... But as every other man made road, it'll need maintenance because of wear. I'd be more likely to point fingers at your locals over the year. The event course path is managed so your gonna see alot less of the spin my tires and bounce around everywhere until I make obstacle or toss all the rocks out.. or maybe ban new drivers with rear steer??... I don't understand your hate for a local rock crawl..

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Its been that way for many years up here plus who ever puts on events either agrees to do it or not(I don't think you pay for the permit, you do however need the insurance i believe). Like I say talk to any of the bike clubs who do events up here and they will tell you they put tons of hours into volunteer hours for there events. It simply shows the dedication to the area. There is no hate, just issues with how some things are handled. Being the guy who runs the monthly work parties, who is up here all the time and helping with getting new trails in you kinda see what goes on and the issues that arise, where they do and usually why. I love the area and our small group who are always out there work hard to retain whats there and keep it hard and fun.... If you fault that then I don't know what to say. I hope they can do it but I suspect the gov. will not allow big gatherings and seeing stuff that was going to happen in august already being canceled, heck even the trail jambo over east has been canceled. This year is just a fail.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think if you talked to all user groups they all feel they volunteer plenty, but thats a whole nother discussion lol. Hopefully it goes on but im sure they'll find more restrictions to put on us.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts