Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a deal on a complete kit, i was wondering if it was any good? any major problem? good quality? ...?

thanks

EM

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an Acme 4wd drive body, very pleased with it except when the fuel line came off the carb and burned up the fender and hood.

When I was shopping for 'glass bodies theirs seemed to be the strongest.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am very happy with the quality of my 4WD Hardware tub and fenders. I kept the steel hood and tailgate (I couldn't give up the embossed "Jeep" on it). 'Glass bodies are alot of work though! I would have done a Wrangler tub swap If I had known what I know now, :usa

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yeah, he said it. Fiberglass is a ton o' work. Its also a pain when it comes to wiring. You have to bolt thru the fiberglass, whereas the nice wrangler tub swap would allow for threaded holes. Fiberglass doesn't like being hit. Steel can take it.

I got fiberglass cause up here in the rust belt, vehicles rust on the showroom floor. And fiberglass is cheaper (if buying new..if you can find a wrangler body in a junkyard, more power to ya, but liek I said, rust belt...nothing around here for hundreds of miles.)

4wd hardware has made some major improvements in accessories...the door striker assemblies come to mind. The ones they had when I got my tub (this was so stupid) allowed for re-using your factory striker assembly, and it bolted to this piece of steel (was a piece of square tubing with two flat pieces of steel welded to it. You had to CUT A HUGE HOLE in the inside wall of the tub to put this thing in, and then had to install it with jack nuts. It looks like hell. They finally redesigned them, and they're all new striker assemblies that bolt right to the wall, instead of into it.

Anyway, i'm rambling. I've done this whole project, and have vivid memories of it (traumatic experience and all) and lots of pictures. Drom me a line if you want some info.

Boots

1 - 4 of 4 Posts