Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with 4WD low range coming out of gear. This case has the 4.1 gear set and has the middle detent ball removed for 2WD. The shifter has some play in it.
Can the detent ball being removed cause this problem.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
no
1) check shift sheet
2) if you have a body lift and tweek the arms the shifter hits the tub and does not allowfor full engage
start with that.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, The shifter does not hit the body in any way. By shift sheet do you mean the plastic spacer under the shifter because mine is missing.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Is it not staying in 4low or is the front slipping out and the rear staying?

My case just did that front stopped and the rear still went in 4 low made a hell of a noise. But it's do to the fact that the front out but fork slider gear thing isn't connecting enough witht he out put gear thing. You got that?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, it stays in low range but only the rear pulls. And it does make a loud noise when it does it.
I can play with the shifter and the front will go back to pulling

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
ok...here is the fix ..... Burn it!! ha ha ha ha just kidding.

The front out put has it's own cover in the t-case. What you want to do is pull off the front out put flange then pull off the cover. There you will see the gear for the front out put you want to shim that up so the gear that the for slides up will contact it more. I havent done mine yet so I can't tell you how much to shim it up.

You picking up what I am putting down?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll give it a try tonight the shifter sheet want be here until next week But I have another one I may use.
Just trying to get this thing fixed before I go back to Tellico

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
i have been told by many people that the fix is to pull the gear off and flip (probablyit over because ) when you instsaled your gears you did not mark the input gear and put in the wrong way. i did it when i instaled my 6.1 the day before donner. and it poped out a hole bunch on me over the weekend (on the shiming thing they did not come that way from suzuki WITH SHIMS so the t-case should work just fine with NO shims :flipoff2:

:massey:

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
moto261 said:
i have been told by many people that the fix is to pull the gear off and flip (probablyit over because ) when you instsaled your gears you did not mark the input gear and put in the wrong way. i did it when i instaled my 6.1 the day before donner. and it poped out a hole bunch on me over the weekend (on the shiming thing they did not come that way from suzuki WITH SHIMS so the t-case should work just fine with NO shims :flipoff2:

I did that with mine and it only lasted a little while. Like i said I havent tryed the shims yet.

Man there is tech talk going on here. You would think there would be more people saying something.

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
call brent at trail tough he wil give you the heads up I think he has been doing this long enofe he knows what he is talking about

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
moto261 said:
call brent at trail tough he wil give you the heads up I think he has been doing this long enofe he knows what he is talking about

Yeah he is the one that told me about the shims.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
cool what kinda shim are they ??? and could it mabe???? the shims inside the t-case from the factory that are not in the right place ????? i have taken lots of cases apart and there has been shims all over inside would seem to me if there was a shim on hte rear out put that would push that hole gear mess forward so i guees the ? is did you put your shims back in the right place when you took your t-case apart (not trying to sound like a d!ck)just trying to help k)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Man this is an overload of information Guess I'll wait till tommorrow to do this. I have no internet at home so will wait and see what the majority is on this.
:)

·
Registered
17,975 Posts
moto261 said:

"on the shiming thing they did not come that way from suzuki WITH SHIMS so the t-case should work just fine with NO shims"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

moto261 said:

" i have taken lots of cases apart and there has been shims all over inside"

"did you put your shims back in the right place when you took your t-case apart"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.............................:confused: huh?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
i was replying to the shiming the gear for the front out put in the first one on the second one some times there are shims inside the t-case and you have to put them back where they came from. if not you could get uneven wear (slop) :flipoff2: read the thread and follow it :flipoff2:

·
Registered
17,975 Posts
Trust me. I try to do my very, very, best to understand each and every single one of your posts.

...............and I'm *still* trying.:flipoff2: :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts