Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's a 90yj with vacuum setup. transfer case is working as driveshaft spins and its obvious when it goes into lo, but no power to front axle and no 4wd light.

at the axle modulater i am not getting any vacuum. i've fixed all possible leaks as far as i can tell.

is the whole 4wd vacuum system supposed to get manifold vacuum or? where would the vac source be?

all help appreciated.

rob

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
My suggestion to you is to ditch the vac system all togather and get a 4x4 posi-lock... You can also make your own as alot of folks on this board have done.
If you search you can find alot of threads on this...sence search is down go to google and put this in the search, 4x4 posi lock site:pirate4x4.com.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
would rather get the stock 4wd system 1st.

little history, i just bought the jeep and 4wd does not work. i did some searching online and found that the red vac line from the tc is for manifold and its been cut.

this is a 4.2, any manifold vac will be fine or?

tks

also, i can't find the red vac line after the cut or else i would no exactly where it goes from the factory.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Are you getting vacuum to the vacuum switch on the transfer case? Yes any manifold vacuum will be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts