Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I´ve always been curious and really wanting to do a 4wd swap with my truck but I would like to do a 4 link set up. I had read a forum on a person that did the swap using some 14¨ King Shocks and a certain Length Shock hoops, My question is what length of shock hoops should I purchase to do this swap? 12 inch or 14 inch or another length? I have decent welding and cutting skills but not much fabrication knowledge so I do have a big disadvantage here.

Will be on a 1970 Ford F250 with the AWESOME I beam suspension :flipoff2:
Unfortunately I cannot post the link to his build yet

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also am not a huge suspension guru when it comes to aftermarket suspension with things such as coilovers. His truck received what looks like 8 inches of lift with the new shocks installed and I am unsure of how to decide on what kind of coilovers I want

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,536 Posts
since this will be a custom setup, I can put full bump at any length I would like, correct?
Yep. Unless it's a dedicated crawler, I wouldn't push the shocks through the hood. Given my experience with my 67 2wd, you could use a 14" shock or 12 if you don't want to cut the inner fenders too much. Most likely. Mock it up and go from there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep. Unless it's a dedicated crawler, I wouldn't push the shocks through the hood. Given my experience with my 67 2wd, you could use a 14" shock or 12 if you don't want to cut the inner fenders too much. Most likely. Mock it up and go from there.
Perfect, this´ll be my first hardcore suspension modification and I´d like to do it right. Any idea on good shock hoops to purchase?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts