Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
No offense, but seriously, why would anyone want to go to all the hassle to convert, of all things, a van, to 4wd???????????????????????????
Especially when real 4wd vehicles are everywhere and can be sourced for chump change?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Why not? :flipoff2:

I think vans are awesome! Besides, they are not your "run of the mill" off-roading rig. All I see are Jeeps, buggy's, and all the "normal" full-size solid axle rigs on here. Why not do something out of the ordinary? :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah man, my dad bought this van brand new back in the day and I want to fix it up like I always thought it should be. Its already got a nice tall stance and stout drivetrain. It just needs power to the front wheels to be awsome. I have no plans to make it a hardcore trail rig or anything I just think It would be a badass camping and hunting rig that I can have a little fun with.

LiftedAWDAstro said:
Why not? :flipoff2:

I think vans are awesome! Besides, they are not your "run of the mill" off-roading rig. All I see are Jeeps, buggy's, and all the "normal" full-size solid axle rigs on here. Why not do something out of the ordinary? :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
van

I had a 86 ford 4x4 van pathfinder conversion and it went everywhere i ever wanted to go on 35s it also towed my friends chevy home several times. You would be suprised where a 4 wheel drive van will go even without lockers and there not as top heavy as you would think.

also if you to do this you will want a dana 60 front ive seen a few with dana 44s but they break pretty easy if you have a c6 tranny either get a 4wd c6 with the np205 hanging of the back or mount the 205 divorced and if its a one ton van i suggest leaf springs up front simpler to build

·
Premium Member
19,350 Posts
72hiboy4x4 said:
answers to your prayers right here... and cheap also!
been on CL for a while now, might go even cheaper.

http://portland.craigslist.org/yam/pts/242877937.html
Wow, looks like a 60 front to!

To convert it, if you tranny is in good shape, find a divored 205 and use that.
If you tranny needs a go through, just get one with a married t-case.
The front end will be some what easy to put in, you can find many threads on guys that have done SAS's, it will be somewhat like that to intall.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.