Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previously posted on IH8MUD

Today is 08/12/14 4WU is releasing the front 3link for the general public. The first 5 kits will be sold at a $400 discount. This is a first come first serve situation. At the moment only one has been reserved. jcardona1 you were first.

Here is a link to the 4WU FJ80 Page. FJ80 Front Suspension

FYI I am on a serious mission to show people that coilovers aren't something to be afraid of. The general perception of them with in the FJ80 community has been negative in years past due to lack of understanding on how to tune them. I have worked for many years learning this whole suspension "thing" and I do not put to market sub par quality parts. The same goes for the tuning of the spring rates and shocks. I strongly believe that even rock crawlers can benefit from shock tuning and geometry enhancements and I have told many potential customers what I am about to tell you know. The geometry is 50% of your suspension the springs and shocks are the other 50%. Which is why I am telling you now..... "DON'T HALF ASS THIS!"

Read here for Beta testing customer feed back. http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/flexing-the-3-link.804601/page-25

Q&A open.

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
very nice kit you made. :smokin: couple newb questions if you don't mind:

are those brackets .25 ?

what kind of ride height over stock are we talking here? just wondering what the geo is setup for? is this something you would want to run if you wanted to run 37's or larger?

I see you have hell fire knuckles and cross over steering. is that mandatory when you use your 3 link kit?

·
Premium Member
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
very nice kit you made. :smokin: couple newb questions if you don't mind:

are those brackets .25 ?

what kind of ride height over stock are we talking here? just wondering what the geo is setup for? is this something you would want to run if you wanted to run 37's or larger?

I see you have hell fire knuckles and cross over steering. is that mandatory when you use your 3 link kit?
No worries. Yes all of the brackets are .250"

Depending on spring rates and how you choose to set up what full bump is lift heights will vary. But originally built it around the 5" mark. The Gold 80 in the thread and on my site was about 4"s of lift and that was with .5" of preload on the coilovers.

One of the unique parts about this kit is the ability to run (for the most part) any steering configuration you want. The Panhard bracket at the axle was positioned in a way that allows the installer to set the Panhard at the needed angle to match the draglink regardless of its height with only one exception. You cant put the draglink on top of a hy steer arm. This was done so that the vehicle could be built at a lower ride height and still maintain good uptravel numbers.

·
Premium Member
3,150 Posts
Thread Hi jack!

ford HP60 97 BJ in a runner:grinpimp::grinpimp:

you're making me start a different project, I refuse to do mine "half assed" as you say so onto a 73 blazer restoration.

Hint, Hint

·
Zeus of the Sluice
4,740 Posts
I swear... they are harder to find down there. gotta go to a GNC.

they are in every gas station up here.
RTD.... not the little shots...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts