Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 97 GMC Sierra Z71 Off Road and every time I put it into 4 wheel low, I hear a really loud "clunk"
I am always stopped and in netural, as required for 4 low of course and it is always there. Makes same noise taking out of 4 low as going in. Anyone have any idea what this noise is or if it is normal???

:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Poseur SUV
23,695 Posts
Sounds pretty normal to me, especially if the transfer case is electric shift.

·
Registered
636 Posts
sounds perty normal. The only silent t-cases i have heard are the realy little isuzu one like the one in my luv. All the full sized trucks i had riden in and driven have all made perty good clunking going into 4hi and lo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine makes no sound what so ever going into High, but Low, you can watch my entire truck rock and I'm not joking. It rocks my entire truck when I go into low. This does not seem normal to me as it does not happen for High. ??? At the same time, it has never failed me so....

I have heard that on some trucks there are electronic lockers that are engaged on low, could this be true and if it is... would that explain what happens with my truck??? I don't know and hope someone out there does...:confused: :mad: :confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Next question I have for the "powers that be" here is this, why was this thread moved? It is not a General 4X4 question... it is very specific actually. Is it because my "title" is newbie or is it because "the powes that be" didn't know the answer and had to let it be flammed by the "newbies" so that I would loose interest and let it die. If of course there is another option that I am not stating, please feel free to post it but I would like this one answered... So I have an understand of how this board works.

·
Poseur SUV
23,695 Posts
triggert said:
Next question I have for the "powers that be" here is this, why was this thread moved? It is not a General 4X4 question... it is very specific actually. Is it because my "title" is newbie or is it because "the powes that be" didn't know the answer and had to let it be flammed by the "newbies" so that I would loose interest and let it die. If of course there is another option that I am not stating, please feel free to post it but I would like this one answered... So I have an understand of how this board works.
Looks to me like nobody ignored you. :mad: Your very first post was made in the wrong section so I moved it here to where I thought it would get a better response.

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
triggert said:
Is it because my "title" is newbie or is it because "the powes that be" didn't know the answer and had to let it be flammed by the "newbies" so that I would loose interest and let it die.
I see no one flaming you. Flaming isn't allowed in this forum, but is fair game in any of the other forums. Had it stayed there, you would have taken a lot more grief than you will here.

·
Premium Member
19,786 Posts
triggert said:
It was moved because its a Newbiew questions, This is a hrad core site, as in most of our rigs don't even have 4 high, and never come out of 4 low.
Thats why this forum was created, was for the not so hardcore tech

·
Registered
17,017 Posts
Hell, the one time I used my 4LOW it was smooth and quiet shifting into low range.:p Ask Erich!!:laughing:

Hef

·
Premium Member
7,142 Posts
4 Lo is meant for mud and snow, but you don't want to go more than 20 mph. The clunk it normal, can you feel the power? It's alot of grunt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts