Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
blatant asshole
11,690 Posts
Need to count the knuckle- spindle bolts to find out. 6 is gm/dodge, 5 is ford.

Even then its hard to say what quigly did for sure.

I had a cust with a dodge van. Who ever converted it took a dside steering arm cut the boomarang off, flipped it over and put it on the pside flattop. CONES DOWN!!. 30y/o cross over.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hey Guys thanks for all the info! I am still getting stuff all taken care of. I live about 45 minutes from the shop I take my stuff to right now but he's really good. He hooked me up with his machinist, and tomorrow I will go back to the shop after they put the bend in it. Moar details:

What I ended up doing being on the budget I am is go with the part numbers I got from Quigley. Quigley told me that the part in question is a Moog DS922 which they modify twice: they put the bend in it to clear the diff cover, and they change the taper of the drag link connection. The shop I go to hooked me up with a machinist who changed the taper today and they were closed when that was done so tomorrow a quick bend and I should be able to start the painful process of blue wrench and penetrating fluid to get the $90 connecting sleeve custom Quigley part which is also apparently made from gold. God be with me that fucker is not seized on there.

If anybody were to come across this thread what happens is the DS922 is tapered for a drag link connection from underneath. They cut a new taper in from the TOP. Thus since the hole is now bigger they need to use a Dodge (?) drag link connection, anyway the part number for that one is Moog ES2147R(L). The ES2147RL part has a much bigger stud so it works with the taper change. The other parts are MOOG ES2065L and ES449L. Appears the reason that sleeve is made out of gold is that the two tie rods are different diameters.

I agree with all you guys and I would have rather done the RUFF STUFF kit or something similar but I managed to save a small amount this way. I admit it does seem like a pretty big KLOODGE to use all these mishmash parts but maybe this info will help somebody.

OReally wanted $350 bucks for these parts but told me they'd price match anybody with a retail store. I saw everything on Summit for less than half. I was out the door with tax for about 165. $20 for the machinist, not sure how much yet for the bend. The custom part DS922 cost $58+$20 machine + ??? bend. Quigley wanted $169+55 shipping to my zip.

My friend has a '01 Salem Kroger 7.3 and it does seem like a better kit than Quigley but they're out of business now (or maybe they sold off and use a different name?).

21 - 24 of 24 Posts