Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
try www.crawltech.com There is a fabricator there that just finished a front and rear four link with coil overs. It turned out really sweet. I saw it wheel last weekend and it works unbelievable. They should have pics up on their site.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
aaronlosey said:
sounds like you take your tech seriously!! good for you:flipoff2:
you dam skippy!!!
you ever seen a 265 pound redneck with his buddys partying pick up a beer and drink it in one gulp only to find out it was full of sigaret butts thats a sure 10' radius of anything around ass woopin time:D

TNTOY or rigth pedal or whoever you are today yo pm box is full

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I have had a lot of experience with Sunray Engineering in Weatherford from axles to suspension work. I have full confidence in any product the design/sell. They have built suspensions for everything from rock racing competitors to the suspension on Rob Harris' Scorpion/Scout to spring overs and bolt on kits. Take a look at the rigs section of their page to see more. Some of the latest suspensions that have came from there are working awesome on the street and trail.

I certainly don't agree with the comment about there being no good off road shops in TX to design and build a coil sprung suspension. That is a generic comment that is simply not true. I could name a few good shops in the DFW area, but I believe Sunray would be the best for the aforementioned project.

My $.02

·
Registered
567 Posts
hey frankie, i noticed the word "ass" showed up 3 times in each of your last 2 posts. somebody likes ass :flipoff2:

ok, maybe dallas has some good shops, i should have just said san antonio. i do know somebody who can weld pretty darn well and put stuff together who has an offroad shop. abstract thought is about as rare in san antonio as a skinny person.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
aaronlosey said:
hey frankie, i noticed the word "ass" showed up 3 times in each of your last 2 posts. somebody likes ass :flipoff2:

ok, maybe dallas has some good shops, i should have just said san antonio. i do know somebody who can weld pretty darn well and put stuff together who has an offroad shop. abstract thought is about as rare in san antonio as a skinny person.
hey you got somthing against fat peaple????:mad3:
ya i like ass :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
aaronlosey said:
If I found a shop that was a good deal to me (price/quality/time), I would definately find it worth the drive to get the best deal for my money. The suspension is such a crucial part of your rig that I wouldn't skimp on it. You won't regret getting a well thought suspension that is constructed soundly. I am sure that you are prepared to spend some coin on this modification, so I would suggest that you consider all of your options.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
blk87K5 said:

If I found a shop that was a good deal to me (price/quality/time), I would definately find it worth the drive to get the best deal for my money. The suspension is such a crucial part of your rig that I wouldn't skimp on it. You won't regret getting a well thought suspension that is constructed soundly. I am sure that you are prepared to spend some coin on this modification, so I would suggest that you consider all of your options.
what he said;)
do you like fat peaple:flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
frankie, how much would an entirely built reaper type buggy that you had cost for you to build? One like, the one you had where you snapped the coilovers in half and if i remember your pinion went up into the oil pan. How much would that whole thing cost?

thanks
patrick

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
snoop dogg said:
frankie, how much would an entirely built reaper type buggy that you had cost for you to build? One like, the one you had where you snapped the coilovers in half and if i remember your pinion went up into the oil pan. How much would that whole thing cost?

thanks
patrick
you must be talking about the 70 mph jump head on into the ditch eh :flipoff2:
talk your shit.
the guy riding purchased a buggy after that ride he said if that mofo frame held up to that i wont one :flipoff2: :flipoff2: he is tv guy on this board:flipoff2:

·
Registered
567 Posts
the price comes down pretty dramatically when that happens, right? its ok, i had the mount for top links do that and kill the pinion and a couple of months ago. then that killed a link. the wheel base was 88 inches on one side, and 104 on the other. i still drove it bank in front wheel drive, but the pinion was pointing straight up.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
aaronlosey said:
the price comes down pretty dramatically when that happens, right? its ok, i had the mount for top links do that and kill the pinion and a couple of months ago. then that killed a link. the wheel base was 88 inches on one side, and 104 on the other. i still drove it bank in front wheel drive, but the pinion was pointing straight up.
no mounts failed on buggy or axles it was 1.5" dom 11/16 i.d go learn to weld and you wont have mount problems:flipoff2:

·
Registered
567 Posts
it wasn't the welds

look at the top mount for the links. look at the verticle bar where it is back lit by the white shock. the damn thing bent. then just kept bending in, which whas changing the overal lenght of the bar between the two verticle posts. turns out 1/4 inch wasn't thick enough, so we went up to 1/2 inch. now the problem is solved. the real problem was i noticed it was bending and it was a problem, but never fixed it. and it got worse until it finally completely failed.

what do people think of your lower arms wrapping around to the back of the axle like mine do? in retrospect i'm not sure what we were trying to do. i guess make them longer and control the pinion. now i have no clue why we thought it would control the pinion any better. i think i noticed someone else did it and i wanted to try it out.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
holy crap, hey aaron....i didn't mean that post as in a diss. His motor was pumped like a mother to cause that.....anyway, i don't want to try to dig myself in a hole. he can tell you the story if he wants to of his buggy....and it's very good breaking as in stopping capabilities. and i don't mean that in a bady way.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
aaronlosey said:
it wasn't the welds

look at the top mount for the links. look at the verticle bar where it is back lit by the white shock. the damn thing bent. then just kept bending in, which whas changing the overal lenght of the bar between the two verticle posts. turns out 1/4 inch wasn't thick enough, so we went up to 1/2 inch. now the problem is solved. the real problem was i noticed it was bending and it was a problem, but never fixed it. and it got worse until it finally completely failed.

what do people think of your lower arms wrapping around to the back of the axle like mine do? in retrospect i'm not sure what we were trying to do. i guess make them longer and control the pinion. now i have no clue why we thought it would control the pinion any better. i think i noticed someone else did it and i wanted to try it out.
what have i used arms on like these ????

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
frankie finland said:
you must be talking about the 70 mph jump head on into the ditch eh :flipoff2:
talk your shit.
the guy riding purchased a buggy after that ride he said if that mofo frame held up to that i wont one :flipoff2: :flipoff2: he is tv guy on this board:flipoff2:
[/Qi

i really didn't mean that to come off as a bad statement...hope yall don't think frankie builds bad stuff!!!!!!!! And if you would want him to lower the price on his stuff, think again...it's quality built fabrication.

I don't know frankie, but i read the whole thread about that 4x4 event and the story on how he was splitting the breaking like 90% front and 10% rear...all that with a built LS1 or LT1 motor...........so don't take any of what i said the wrong way.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
snoop dogg said:

thanks
patrick
$25000.00 fixed;)

·
Registered
567 Posts
i was joking, i'm bored posting at 1am. what the hell else do we have to do at this hour? i'm sure he has built more rigs than i've broken hubs. and i've broken alot of crappy hubs. stupid hubs. they were supposed to built to go on a 7000lb truck.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
aaronlosey said:
i was joking, i'm bored posting at 1am. what the hell else do we have to do at this hour? i'm sure he has built more rigs than i've broken hubs. and i've broken alot of crappy hubs. stupid hubs. they were supposed to built to go on a 7000lb truck.
what hubs you broken :confused:

·
Registered
567 Posts
standard dana 44 that come on chevy, plastic warn standard, prem warn, plastic warn with prem warn parts inside. its just proof that you shouldn't weld your front end. when i break axle shafts they pop apart hubs. the u-joints were living though:rolleyes: .

i have an arb and warn/ctms now though. the hubs haven't broken with this combo yet. course thats cause its not done yet. or really started.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts