Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
aaronlosey said:
standard dana 44 that come on chevy, plastic warn standard, prem warn, plastic warn with prem warn parts inside. its just proof that you shouldn't weld your front end. when i break axle shafts they pop apart hubs. the u-joints were living though:rolleyes: .

i have an arb and warn/ctms now though. the hubs haven't broken with this combo yet. course thats cause its not done yet. or really started.
so you been running the ctms with warns or did you say not insatlled yet??
i would like to know how this is holding up as i am running ctms and warn 44 sized shafts but the buggy is not running yet.
so concerns are there:confused:

·
Registered
567 Posts
actually, i have them, have had them for awhile now. just haven't gotten a chance to install them. i have a crap load of parts, 4-1 for the dana 300, arb, warn axles, ctms, fuel cell, pump, cage, seats, harnesses, fix my cross over steering so it works from lock to lock, ram assist, maybe some bump stops, compressor, ect. oh, and some new hubs too. if i even question them anymore i just throw them away and get a new pair. its too annoying having to change them in swampy mud or 110 degree heat. i might run slugs or whatever you call them since i have an arb now.

my ctms are already rusting, and they aren't even installed yet!!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
aaronlosey said:
actually, i have them, have had them for awhile now. just haven't gotten a chance to install them. i have a crap load of parts, 4-1 for the dana 300, arb, warn axles, ctms, fuel cell, pump, cage, seats, harnesses, fix my cross over steering so it works from lock to lock, ram assist, maybe some bump stops, compressor, ect. oh, and some new hubs too. if i even question them anymore i just throw them away and get a new pair. its too annoying having to change them in swampy mud or 110 degree heat. i might run slugs or whatever you call them since i have an arb now.

my ctms are already rusting, and they aren't even installed yet!!
sounds like you try and do things the corect way sorry i was a bitch and sorry about almost coming to texas and whoopin your ass.

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
567 Posts
i'm going to bed. night frankie. actually, i'm going to go eat first, the go to bed. then come back to work in the morning. i work late.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
aaronlosey said:
i'm going to bed. night frankie. actually, i'm going to go eat first, the go to bed. then come back to work in the morning. i work late.
so i wated you out ha ha see ya night night.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
is there anyother shops yall can think of i would like to get a couple of quotes? thanks for the ones so far.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Geez guys, take it easy on the texas offroad shops.

Hell, i only stack two blocks at a time:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :flipoff2:

Anyway, i would not use a shop for fabbing a suspension, unless they were able to design a proper sup. as well. You cant build something as complicated as a suspension without understanding how it works. Thats just my opinion. I have seen more crappy home grown designs than I care to admit, and it scares me. On top of that, I have seen some really scarry builds done by shops all around the US, but there are always a few that kick arse, shop built or home grown. However, the cleanest ones are done by people or shops that have done it before, and spend the time were it is needed. There is nothing like a nice chop sawed square bracket piss welded onto an axle tube to fawk up an other wise decent susp.

With out pimpin myself to much, I suggest you look at the quality of even the smallest parts, and base your decision on who does the cleanest work. There are a few shops in the DFW area that do great work, but as for the southern parts of texas, I cannot comment, as i dont have many contacts there.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I'm in Austin and I use http://www.randyellisdesign.com/ for fab work.

Also I can recommend:
http://www.campbellent.com/
http://www.dcswelding.com/
http://www.4wheelers.com/fab.html

I am however slightly biased to Phoenix area shops.

I can't personally say anything about TX shops - but I'd be really carefull as I've seen some real bottie fab from some of the shops. Scares me to even think some of the work is actually driven on the highway.
:eek:

Have heard good things a about Sunary and West Texas but no personal expereince with them. I am still inclined to work with Randy as he just a good dude.

·
Registered
138 Posts

·
Hophead
77,678 Posts
I've heard nothing but good stuff re West Texas Off Road. Another shop here in Austin area is LC Specialties www.lcspec.com . Edwin has a sick Land Cruiser and I was in his shop a couple months ago and he had all sorts of things going, shaving a rockwell, putting in a 1/5 elliptical suspension, restoring a FJ-40. Really nice looking work. I know he started out specializing in cruisers but has broadened his scope to Jeeps and even said he would work on my Samurai :D

41 - 56 of 56 Posts