Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes that is correct folks.

The show and swap meet was great.
Of course the bad part was that it was a little cold, but other then that it was a ton of fun.

Had a ton of trucks, jeeps, hummers, etc... show up to sell parts and show off what the have done over the winter.

If you missed the first thread here it is:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115380

Thanks again for everyone's help - we got a TON of positive feedback from the attendants and sponsors.

Next year is gonna be even bigger :D

Pics soon to follow.

Here are a few we have so far
1st one is what was at the main gate.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
A non-hardcore as 4x4 Shows and Swap meets are (nothing against your show - I'd have gone if it was near my state :D) - its always good to see them go off successfully. The more people in the general public that can get a positive taste of the 4x4 community the better chance we all have of being able to contnuie to do what we love to do!

I'm glad you guys had a good time and keep up the good PR to cover for the rest of us slackers! :flipoff2:

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
uglyscout said:
A non-hardcore as 4x4 Shows and Swap meets are (nothing against your show - I'd have gone if it was near my state :D) - its always good to see them go off successfully. The more people in the general public that can get a positive taste of the 4x4 community the better chance we all have of being able to contnuie to do what we love to do!

I'm glad you guys had a good time and keep up the good PR to cover for the rest of us slackers! :flipoff2:

Hardcore-shmardcore... Swap meets and shows are a GREAT place to get deals on parts for your "hardcore" rig ;)

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
Hey Bruiser,

Hey! My XJ and I are in pic3. Camo jacket in center. Grey xj with ladder rack.

Good job organizing a successful event. I enjoyed getting out and meeting the local (and not so local) wheelers. Hope it becomes a regular thing.

There were plenty of deals to be had- probably about 15-20 people selling their used stuff. 5+ vendors/sponsors at the event. Maybe more. Would have bought some swampers but they were for 16.5" rims.

There were about 8-10 lifted XJ's to compare notes with. A 350 conversion, long arms, built bumpers. Neat stuff

I bought a few things but no one wanted my old stock left overs!. Ah well there is always ebay.

Anyone want to buy a 231? :D

Johann

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Johann said:
Hey Bruiser,

Hey! My XJ and I are in pic3. Camo jacket in center. Grey xj with ladder rack.

Good job organizing a successful event. I enjoyed getting out and meeting the local (and not so local) wheelers. Hope it becomes a regular thing.

Johann

Ya, it was good to meet up with you again.

Do not forget we are going to be having another event June 22nd

Recovery Day - teach people how to use a winch correctly, straps, etc...

So I guess it is now time to start planning that event also.
Wow this is kinda like having another job.

:D

Ken C

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looks like things picked up after I left. I saw some Roush 200 heads that I would have loved to have gotten at a great deal, but I didn't have the money.:( I got to meet some old four wheeling buddies that I haven't seen in a while. Loved the Blazer with the CJ-7 front end! LOL

·
Registered
975 Posts
Thanks go out to the CNC guys! Thanks for a great time!

Scott congrats on best off-roader award.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts