Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with Advance Adapters and I was told that they got word today that a 5.0:1 Atlas 2 will be in production sometime this year!

From what I was told, they will be using the same case as the present ones, so you could purchase the gearset alone to upgrade your present case if so desired.

All I know about pricing was that it would be the same as the 4.3:1 cases.

Thought you would like to hear it!

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
yup

i was there yesterday and saw it myself

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
Suuuuuwweeeeet!!!

I wonder if they are they gonna be just as durable? (I'd expect nothing less from AA, but they are working with limited space to fit the gears, and they must be approaching some odd sizes.)

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
ok iu gotta find a non vital organ 2 sell so i can get me one of these.. 5.0:1 thats sweeeeeeeeet! now just gotta find a killer tranny named 5.0.. then it would be awnn

5.0 ho 435 5.0:1 case thats just bad asss!

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
payton said:
ok iu gotta find a non vital organ 2 sell so i can get me one of these.. 5.0:1 thats sweeeeeeeeet! now just gotta find a killer tranny named 5.0.. then it would be awnn

5.0 ho 435 5.0:1 case thats just bad asss!
don't forget the 50 tires

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Fuck!
I wish they had a 5.0:1 when I got my 4:3:1, I would have gotten it.
Oh well. :(

Jes

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
Same here....oh well.

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
I guess my question is
why would you really want a case that low?
especially without a higher low range
would you run it behind a klune?

·
Registered
75 Posts
kick ass!!!! Would much rather have that than my 4.3.....

any idea on a release date yet??

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
payton said:
ok iu gotta find a non vital organ 2 sell so i can get me one of these.. 5.0:1 thats sweeeeeeeeet!
Sell an organ? Less than 600 bucks can get you into a 5.1:1 case. Its called toyota :D

I am with you man. I would have to sell multiple organs and both nuts... :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
well since your all so interested in the new case ill take the 4.3's off your hands. wouldnt want it taking up valuable space in anyones garage. im just looking out for you guys.........really.........honest........:D

·
Premium Member
4,527 Posts
Beast40 said:
I just wish they'd come out with a 3.0
They do its called the highlander

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
so you could purchase the gearset alone to upgrade your present case
Although physically possible, Changing the gear ratio on a currently owned Atlas may not be an economically wise decision. Many people have wanted to do this in the past with the current gear options; ie: 3.0, 3.8 and 4.3. This is also true with the new (5.047 to 1) Atlas. You would probably be better off selling the Atlas and ordering a new one. Several rockcrawling competitors have crossed this issue in the past. Most have been individuals who changed from granny low manual transmissions to automatics, and found the 4.3 too low. The installation of different gears in an Atlas is a little more complex than lets say a Tera or Lomax Dana 300 gear set.
Vic AA Inc

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Vic - thanks for chiming in. One, I'm curious why the swap is such an issue. More important to me (as I don't currently have an Atlas) but want one...

Better sense of the timeline than "this year"?
Availability when released
Cost really the same?
All the same upgrades?
What about strength? Same as the others, or at least so I wouldn't notice?

Thanks!

Paul

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Which gear set would yall recommend behind a 5.8/ ZF 5.72 granny 4.56 gears and 37 MTR's. All in a full size Bronco w/ a crazy redneck. Will it stand up to 5500 lbs?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Would the strength still be the same? I would think that the planetarys are gonna be bigger reducing the sidewall strenth of the case if its not being replaced. just my thoughts.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts