Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tryed for info on the big board with no luck. i have my 5.0 swapped in, now what to use to plumb my fuel lines? what fittings work off the fuel rails?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Try Ron Morris Performance . Scroll down to "AN Fittings" and look at the "AN Fuel Rail Adapter". I've seen these cheaper, IIRC I bought mine for $45 at another shop. They work sweet and make plumbing the stock fuel rails easy.

edit: Looks like wlndmn beat me to it:D

·
Registered
230 Posts
I did alot of reusing fittings to make mine work, and I think I have about 40 bucks in the whole thing. Any where I could reuse or scavenge an old fitting to conect to I did. For the main line I just used 3/8 brake line and bent it along the firewall then down the drivers side frame rail. For the inbetween parts I used efi rubber line and barbed conecters with multiple hose clamps. Hope that helps

·
Registered
258 Posts
I cut the fuel rails and used compression fittings to join them to a hose barb (actually just a double flare cut from short brake line). I used EFI rubber hose all the way back to the pump. I thought this would make trail repairs easiest because all you would need would be the hose and it is available at any parts store, easy to store/carry. Cheap hillbilly way that has served me without incident on my daily driven '75 Bronco.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts