Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Complete running 93 bronco 5.0, auto, 1356. Motor runs good an transfer case is bad. I put my C6 on the motor and pulled the complete wiring harness inlcuding the interior harness with the ignition switch. I'm getting close to start up and i heard a rumor that it won't start without the harness plugged into the transmission. Is there any truth to this? Any Input would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Hardcore Web Wheeler
2,724 Posts
Bypass the neutral safety switch, or wire it to the one on the C6. What trans did the Bronco have?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its an auto, says metric on the pan but i don't know anything about it. Has 95 f150 wrote on trans and torque converter maybe from a salvage. Its suppose to be good though if anyone needs it. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Its an auto, says metric on the pan but i don't know anything about it. Has 95 f150 wrote on trans and torque converter maybe from a salvage. Its suppose to be good though if anyone needs it. Thanks for the info.
E4OD...

Only option for a '93 Bronco as far as I can find...

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
For the '89 mass air motor out of an auto mustang the computer needed 12v power on start & ground the rest of the time. I hooked it up to the start pole on the starter solenoid. Something about the neutral safety. I cant recall the pinout on the computer tho...

Should be easy enough to run the C6, you will have to deal with the neutral safety switch & the computer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fuel pump and start switch aren't working on factory harness.

Ended up having to pull the c6 and put the original in. flywheel hung where the bell housing had been welded and busted it. Got motor started tonight but had to hard wire the fuel pump and short the solenoid out. ignition module will turn power on and kill it but won't start it. Got any ideas on that?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts