Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay so All Pro is advertising this now on their website.

Anyone forsee problems with this low of a gear in the t-Case. I know some say that anything smaller than 5.29 in the dif is too weak but the t-case is a whole 'nother thing. Shouldn't be an issue right?

I was considering running it in my dual case with the 2.28s in the front case and this 5.0 or the 4.7 in the rear....

*EDIT* I guess they are for 21 spline applications. Chris says they are doing a 23 spline in a few months. Not a big deal I guess but I already planned on going with 23

·
Registered
557 Posts
I think they will not have any problems with the new gears. they are probly not much weaker than the 4.7s.

·
Registered
281 Posts
its only a couple of teeth larger maybe you should wait for the 5.7 gear to come out.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but I want to crawl *now*!

Ramcock said:
its only a couple of teeth larger maybe you should wait for the 5.7 gear to come out.
Heh, nah. I'll be fine with 4.7s and I want to have mine together by the end of May for the dry weather up here.

·
Registered
273 Posts
The reason that 5.71s are considered weak is because the pinion head is small. I just ordered the 5.0 gears from inchworm got a good deal. give inchwormgear or rockbuggy supply a call They will both give you a pretty good deal on them. You will end up paying much less than what allpro has them advertised for.
www.inchwormgear.com
www.rockbuggysupply.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts