Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been throwing around lots of motor swap ideas for a while. I'm leaning towards a 5.0 HO swap auto or 5 speed. I've searched a ton and can't seem to find many people doing or done this, I know it's not a common swap but I just wanted something different. Questions are ?? Tranny , transfer case, FI or propane? Options please, , curently I'm stock 1.3 ,, 6.5 case on yotas, 37" iroks, linked blaaa blaa Thanks! !

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
FI
shorty C4
atlas
fabbed housings front/rear w/steering and 10" gears

·
Registered
535 Posts
Can you mount a Toyota topshift tcase to a ford trans? If so I would go auto trans and 4.7 case!

·
Registered
376 Posts
5.0l, c4, dana 20. thats what ive been running for a while on 38.5"s, been a solid, reliable setup. found in early broncos 66-77
most years of fuel injection are difficult to re-use unless your taking the whole steering colomn (PATS) i think 93-95 works but youll have to do some reaserch, myself...propane

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
For a T-case, like has been said before a Dana 20. Good stout box with aftermarket support. I have one in my 347 powered Ranger and it has held up to a lot of beatings. Mine is behind a C-6 (another expensive cost), but if you find one out of the JY , out of an early bronco it should have either a 3spd, or C-4 automatic (not sure if they came with a 4spd or not). Mine was only around 200.00 as well.

·
Registered
326 Posts
most years of fuel injection are difficult to re-use unless your taking the whole steering colomn (PATS) i think 93-95 works but youll have to do some reaserch, myself...propane

...PATS can be bypassed with a couple resistors, so no prob. there...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For a T-case, like has been said before a Dana 20. Good stout box with aftermarket support. I have one in my 347 powered Ranger and it has held up to a lot of beatings. Mine is behind a C-6 (another expensive cost), but if you find one out of the JY , out of an early bronco it should have either a 3spd, or C-4 automatic (not sure if they came with a 4spd or not). Mine was only around 200.00 as well.
Thanks for the replys, did a Dana 20 come in anything else other than early Broncos?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts