Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well christmas came early i just picked up my regeared 3rds 5.29's hope to be able use my 5th gear now. They are going on a sas 86 22re 4runner with stock duals and 35's. My question is has any one put in a trail gear inspection plug i picked one up and im wondering if any one has a opinion on what would the easy way to put this inspection plug on? (drill with hole saw. plasma cutter , oxy acetyline torch) any help is appreciated and if some one has a picture of said plug on stock yota axle that would be great.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
X2 plasma

·
Registered
270 Posts
cut a hole where you want the plug with torch, plaz then weld cap on. I will take some pics as i just did this on an ifs housing with e locker.

·
Wut?
14,912 Posts
Drill, hack saw blade, and duct tape, it will work. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
I used a hole saw and it was cake. I used a slightly lager hole saw than the O.D. of the plug and recessed it in a little then weled it up. Nice and clean.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah buddy!!!! thats just what i wanted to see just took the rear axle apart will drill with hole saw tomorrow. Really appreciate the help and pictures thanks fellas.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got the inspection plug welded up and the 5.29's in on the rear axle what a difference i drove on the freeway and got to put the little bastard rig in 5th gear got it up to 85mph no power loss and felt great got to do the front now removed the front drive shaft not sure what would happen if i put it in 4wd with the front having 4.10's :shaking:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts