Pirate 4x4 banner

5301 - 5320 of 6859 Posts

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
Is there any issue with unplugging the factory LS oil pressure sensor on the back of the block? I plan on adapting the Jeep sensor so the factory instrument cluster works.
Why?

LT1swap shows the removal of that circuit from the ECM harness

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
More specifically, what happens (as far as the ECM)when I just unplug the factory sensor? I tried this, (without extended driving) and did not notice any change. Is this a monitored system or just for the factory instrument cluster?
Wayne will know for sure, but all of the conversion info I see on the ECM harness has you removing the oil pressure circuit.
2004 Vortec PCM Pinouts

And I hope it's correct, since I removed mine :)

But I haven't completed my conversion yet.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Wayne will know for sure, but all of the conversion info I see on the ECM harness has you removing the oil pressure circuit.
2004 Vortec PCM Pinouts

And I hope it's correct, since I removed mine :)

But I haven't completed my conversion yet.
Yeah, Wayne will know for sure. He may have addressed that when he did my tune, IDK

·
Registered
420 Posts
Maybe I should have used a Jeep temperature sensor instead of the GM sensor?
Probably. I dont believe the sensors are compatible with the Jeep electrical system AKA the gauge wont read correctly.

I decided to try and burp the cooling system tonight, let it idle for about 15 minutes but I never saw any coolant flowing into the radiator.
When you pull the cap off the radiator do you see any coolant at all?

Is there any issue with unplugging the factory LS oil pressure sensor on the back of the block? I plan on adapting the Jeep sensor so the factory instrument cluster works.
I used both on mine, but I really dont think you need to if you have the sensor removed in your tune. It was easy enough to tap the housing on the oil cooler bypass for the jeep sensor that it didnt seem like it would make sense to bypass the GM sensor. (not my picture, but the same exact thing)

·
Vendor
11,814 Posts
Keep it and just add a second sending unit elsewhere

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Yeah, Wayne will know for sure. He may have addressed that when he did my tune, IDK
Keep it and just add a second sending unit elsewhere
What Wayne is saying is it is still in the tune and will trigger the MIL. I do not see it used in any tune other than to throw an engine code and activate the MIL.

It can be removed from the tune if you want. I kept mine, if I loose oil pressure the MIL will light up. It'll probably be too late, but I'd rather have the MIL there to warn me if at all possible.

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
What Wayne is saying is it is still in the tune and will trigger the MIL. I do not see it used in any tune other than to throw an engine code and activate the MIL.

It can be removed from the tune if you want. I kept mine, if I loose oil pressure the MIL will light up. It'll probably be too late, but I'd rather have the MIL there to warn me if at all possible.
Wish lt1swap didn't tell folks to remove it :homer:

·
Vendor
11,814 Posts

2003 and up use it. If the PCM doesn't see it, then some items won't work right. Especially on GENIV motors. GENIII's in a buggy situation, I have no issues deleting it from the harness/tune if you really want it gone. But yours is a 04 GTO LS2, best to keep it.

·
Vendor
11,814 Posts
Wish lt1swap didn't tell folks to remove it :homer:
Since 150tunes harnesses started coming out, LT1 Swap has changed their method. It's kind of funny, really. Not bagging on LT1Swap.. Lots of good info there.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. There is a reason that 150Tunes harnesses and PCM programming IS painless. We know every 5.3 is not the same, and we do not treat every one that comes in like it is. Or 4.8 or 7.0 or Duramax or... We've done thousands of harnesses and probably triple that in programming. I can count on one hand how many harnesses/tunes have come back with issues we injected/didn't catch. and it's $400. Let's see even the $800+ shops compete with that reliability. We fix their harnesses/tunes all the time, too. :homer:

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Probably. I dont believe the sensors are compatible with the Jeep electrical system AKA the gauge wont read correctly.

When you pull the cap off the radiator do you see any coolant at all?

Yep, I can see antifreeze, the level is just above the core.
I cranked the heat up and hot air blows, however the upper and lower radiator hose is cool to the touch. Upper hose is easy to squeeze (no pressure). Can't really tell for sure about the lower hose because it has a spring in it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yep, I can see antifreeze, the level is just above the core.
I cranked the heat up and hot air blows, however the upper and lower radiator hose is cool to the touch. Upper hose is easy to squeeze (no pressure). Can't really tell for sure about the lower hose because it has a spring in it.
Well if youre getting to warm temps and get no flow in the radiator, either your thermostat is stuck closed or you dont have a belt on the water pump pulley. Not a lot that can cause water to not flow through the rad.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Couple fan questions

Got mine running.NICE
Can someone please double check the pin-outs for fan hi/lo? I do not seem to be getting my fans. Im using a Taurus fan (2 speed). Im sure the comp is sending a negative signal to my relays not a positive. Wayne did my comp and says the fans should be turned on. Not sure where my problems at. I can ground the neg on the relay and they work. I can see the engine temp, thorugh the computer, and Ive ran it up to 210, nothing. so Im guessing I have the wrong pin-outs.
Thanks

·
Vendor
11,814 Posts
Got mine running.NICE
Can someone please double check the pin-outs for fan hi/lo? I do not seem to be getting my fans. Im using a Taurus fan (2 speed). Im sure the comp is sending a negative signal to my relays not a positive. Wayne did my comp and says the fans should be turned on. Not sure where my problems at. I can ground the neg on the relay and they work. I can see the engine temp, thorugh the computer, and Ive ran it up to 210, nothing. so Im guessing I have the wrong pin-outs.
Thanks
Fan control is ground trigger - ie the ground side of your relay, other side hot.

C1-42
C2-33

Take the connectors off the PCM and jumper directly into the connectors and see if the fans turn on.

5301 - 5320 of 6859 Posts