Pirate 4x4 banner

6861 - 6864 of 6864 Posts

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
I posted this over in FB LS Swapped Wranglers. I thought I'd post here and see what answers I might get.

'05 LJ going to '01 LQ4 - A/C. I'm going to use an emulator (or other method) to get a tach signal and use my factory computer and gauges.
Is there any reason I cannot simply hook up my factory A/C compressor clutch wiring to the LS A/C compressor clutch? The switch in the Jeep gets grounded by the PCM, which in turns grounds the A/C compressor relay. This completes the compressor clutch circuit. It looks like if I leave the Jeep's high pressure and low pressure switches in place, it'll work.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got a little engine swap problem I have been living with but want to resolve.

58 tooth reluctor 2009 Gen IV 5.3, 6l80, 241c with ECU and harness by Speartech

Runs great up to 3/4 throttle but if I give it full throttle, it starts a random, split second cut out every few minutes. Like the ignition shuts off for a split second and then comes right back. Lasts for rest of the day but next day, back to good with no shut off.

I don't think it's a short or break in the wires because I can drive it for months and no issue but if I punch it, the random shut off starts.

It doesn't give me a MIL. I suspected it was fuel related but haven't found any proof of that. Have a walbro pump in tank and a pressure gage in line. Always shows proper fuel pressure.

Anybody have any ideas? I've tried everything I could think of and am looking for fresh knowledge and ideas.

It runs great in the normal driving range but sometimes you just need to put the spurs to it!

Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
^ Have you looked at the rpm when this happens? Sure sounds like the rev limiter.
While I don't know at what rpm this happens (no tach and not plugged in for data monitoring) it doesn't seem like the rev limiter would cause the motor to cut out every couple minutes for the rest of the day. Unless you mean the limiter is defectively programmed?

It only happens if give it more than 3/4 throttle for a second, not even floored.

I will plug it in and watch so I know the actual problem rpm range.

Thanks,
Mike

6861 - 6864 of 6864 Posts