Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hearing talk of the 5.38 gears for the 14 bolt. Have hey come out with them yet? And who will make them?

I would have searched, but search is down. So could someone give some insight on this?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Good luck. I dont think we will ever see them, honestly. Check your clearances to the casing with just the 5.13's, and it'll be pretty evident how tough it'd be to squeeze 5.38's in there without grinding enough out of the casing to render it a safety hazard.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Randy's is supposed to be making them...As for when we will see them I am not sure, the sooner the better for myself.

You can call Randy's and get put on the "list". They will call you and take your cash when the gears are ready.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Gears

I thik i will stick with the 5.13 gears for now. I do not want to wait that long for these gears there is just not enough difference in them to wait.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
There is a difference, and it is leveraged by your T-case and trans gearing.

I went ahead and put 5.38s in the front of my build-up...Figure if the 5.38's arent out by "trail time" Ill go back to 5.13's.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gearing

I am running an auto tranny with a Klune-V 4.1 then the D300 t-case. I was wanting the gearing for when i run to the store for fuel or something or running down the gravel roads to get to the trail head. I need a little more power there. I am running a 283 chevy motor.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I really wanted the 5.38 too. they were originally suposed to be available in May 2005. I got tired of waiting and got 513s

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Well guess what????????????

They will be here the end of the week.....

We will take a day or two, to do quality and fit testing then they will start shipping.

Mac

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Krylon, I think he is "advance" selling them, and having them shipped as soon as they arrive, think he said "Could ship Friday if they get thru customs" ... ?

-Joe

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've been on the waiting list and was told mine could possibly ship today.

zman

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
GiS said:
Krylon, I think he is "advance" selling them, and having them shipped as soon as they arrive, think he said "Could ship Friday if they get thru customs" ... ?

-Joe
Ya, I reread it and realized that after I posted.. Well hopefully for whoever preordered, he delivers in a timely manner! Was going to order, but I'm not far along enough with my project...

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I ordered thru AJ, so I'll keep you guys posted!

-Joe

·
Registered
214 Posts
TAWL_BOY said:
Would going from 5.13 to 5.38s make much of a difference.
No, but if you are regearing 5.38 may be worth it.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
5.38 & 5.13

guys,

as always i will be getting as many as randy's will sell me.

i will be offering free shipping on them when i get them.

i will be getting the 5.13 and the 5.38 sets

let me know

i will be updating the website with these as soon as i have them.

do not want to preorder until i know they are on the way.

thanks
doug

·
Banned
7,673 Posts
The Mac said:
Well guess what????????????

They will be here the end of the week.....

We will take a day or two, to do quality and fit testing then they will start shipping.

Mac
I know you're a long time, respected member of the board, but I'm going to reiterate what I said in another thread...

I'll believe it when I see/hear customers that have received their product. I have my doubts that we will ever see the 5.38 gears on the market.

1 - 20 of 251 Posts