Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done 3 small block conversions in FJ40's using carburated 350's anf TBI but am now thinking about puting a 5300 in one. I have read the board and heard both sides, one being its a nice motor but a PITA to make happen the other that its no big deal. From the people who have done the conversion themselves. what do you think? My other option is a create motor with the edelbrock MPI.

Thanks

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
get a hold of simon. he's done some and is doing one on my wife's fj60. www.faultlinefab.com or 909-599-9559 ;)
i don't think it's that big a deal at all, as long as you're using all the proper components (harness, fuel system,...):rolleyes:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
engine

Hey georg, I'll be at Simons wedding. He's the one that was talking me out of it!- Let me ask you another question, because your the tranny expert, the 2000 4L60E autos how are they? Also you have any 205 yokes you want to part with? I need the ubolt style 10 spline and 32 spline. If you have them and want to sell them let me know. See you soon

Greg

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I would go for it. A 4l60e behind it will not be too much trouble...

Howell makes a great wiring harness and Turnkey engine supply can hook you up with a new 5300 with everything you need(AA parts, fuel pump, Howell wiring, PCM, engine, fan, air filter, MAP, etc.)for a pretty reasonable price especially when you consider it is a brand new engine.

-Brett

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
wngrog said:
I would do it if it were emissions exempt and I could use Turn Key Engines.

They cut out all the crap and make it a one wire hookup for you at a damn reasonable price.
They can do the smog legal ones too, with EGR and a stock computer with a howell harness that can accomodate either a manual or auto tranny...for those interested.

For all other applications they use the marine GM computer which makes the wiring way simple and it is totally programable to so you can make the engine shut down at a certain temp, only rev to a certain RPM for this many hours for breaking etc.

-Brett

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
hey greg. are you coming to the bachelor party? next saturday at my house!
i'm running a 98 4L60E in my wife's fj60. i've got a lot of confidence in any 700 after 1987.

brett. have you talked to paul decker about a 45 wagon? he's selling a bunch of 45s at reasonable prices.;)

·
Banned
471 Posts
I have done a 5.3 Vortec conversion and it turned out pretty sweet. Took the wrecked truck in the shop, got what I needed
and did all the wiring myself. Just eliminated some
and re-wired a portion of the Cruiser. (FJ40)

Very good conversion in my opinion.
Tranny is solid, it will roast the tires until they come apart.

I would go for it.

Rich
Kruzrtek
[email protected]

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
Re: party

lowrider said:
Georg- pm with the details about the party. Your living in Stockton still right?

Greg
call me at work gregg! 800-991-0117 and you better be around saturday evening, cause the strippers will!:D :D :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts