Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about converting a lincoln 9 inch rear end to 5 on 5.5 and I wondered what rotors I should use...From another post, I was told to try cj rotors. I know the ford dana 44's should have 5 on 5.5 as well. Are there any other rotors that can be picked up at the parts store that would be 5 on 5.5 that could be made to work?

The originial 5 on 4.5 rotors have already been drilled and filled for 5 on 5 and I just dont think that they can be moved out anymore.

Also I think the lincoln rear has small bearing ends so if I wanted could I sell the disk that come on it and put Eearly Bronco Drums on it...I know thats not what I should do but with my budget it might get me by long enough till I can afford a disk brake kit.

It has moser shafts in it now and I dont think it will be a problem to get them drilled for 5 on 5.5...If not I will sell them and buy new moser shafts.

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,470 Posts
ok so i am the odd fawk here :flipoff2:
rotors:suzuki samuri fronts $20 each new
calipers: rear off an 1990 nissan 300Z $40 pair (brand newish) at the junkyard and they have built in parking brakes and bolt on realy easy.

dodge was also 5 on 5.5

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
usmcdoc14 said:
ok so i am the odd fawk here :flipoff2:
rotors:suzuki samuri fronts $20 each new
How thick are those Suz's rotors?

I'm looking for 15/16" to run my Ford Lincoln brakes, with parking brake.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MXPAZ

What brackets and calipers did you use. I have some cj rotors sitting in the garage and if I get this rear end I will have lincoln brackets and calipers. If I could put that ser up together I would be out the door real cheap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.