Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My not yet 3 yo son is 42 lbs, but all the 5pt carseats are rated only to 40 lbs, and then become a factory belt postioning booster seat. I don't trust a belt positioning setup offroad.

anyone know of a good car seat that would be good up to 50 or 60 lbs, with a built-in harness?

Yeah this is borderline shitchat but I wanna take my son wheeling...

·
Registered
32,458 Posts
Dan-H said:
My not yet 3 yo son is 42 lbs, but all the 5pt carseats are rated only to 40 lbs, and then become a factory belt postioning booster seat. I don't trust a belt positioning setup offroad.

anyone know of a good car seat that would be good up to 50 or 60 lbs, with a built-in harness?

Yeah this is borderline shitchat but I wanna take my son wheeling...

We just bought a Graco Car-go thats 5 point 20 to 100lbs and a Century that's rated the same

·
Registered
32,458 Posts
ToyFamily said:
check out the SIMPSON seats....they make a kid child seat that looks like a regualar racing seat with mini harness.....they even have the mini simpson patches
I've looked into those, they're pretty much the same as a century model thats been rebadged (and that really doesnt suprise me)

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
If you are a serious wheeler and care about your kid, get em a custom mini bucket and hard mount it. Do a search on this subject and you'll find plenty of threads.

I use the MasterCraft Mini Rubicon's in my rig on a custom mount so the kids can see clearly, ride super comfortably, and be safe because the seat, harnesses, and mount were designed exactly for this purpose.
You can contact MasterCraft through www.mastercraftseats.com

·
Registered
391 Posts
Dan,
You gotta keep junior in a 4/5 pt real car seat till he's 4+yrs old.
The new law is 4yrs AND 40lbs (not OR)
For California it also mandates the booster w/factory belts till 6yrs OR 60 lbs.
My twin girls were like your guy so I got the 100lb rated seats and they'll be in em till they're 6yrs+ like em or not, well maybe not if they get to 100lbs before they turn 6!

·
Ford Forum Moderator
1,999 Posts
Brad said:
Beard has a kids seat thats badass
http://www.redart.com/kids.asp
These seats are sweet, I have one & loved it. But my 3 year old is about 40 lbs, & he don't fit in it very good anymore, I'm looking for the next step up. I think I found it, but I really don't think it would be legal for street use... it'd be a trail only seat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts