Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a parts list of everything i will need to do a 5 speed tranny swap. I'm wanting to take out my a3o4h to put a w56 in. Its a 85 Efi 4x4.

·
nice roach.
5,739 Posts
A preist, a 3 footed aardvark, and a blender full of tacks and bleach to put your codsack in while you are working on your truck.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Since the post above didn't work.
SEARCH!!!

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38775&highlight=5spd+swap
for next time someone asks about swappin in a 5spd. Parts list for going 4cylauto to 5spd: 1 5spd fly wheel, clutch, bearing hub, master/slave cyllender, hydraulic lines (don't go to a yard $7.00 w/o rust in 'em from toyota), pedal assembly, 2 about 1.5" 17mm bolts, 5spd t-case crossmember, 1 4" piece of wire w/ a spade connector on each end (you can put a switch on it if you feel like riggin some security in). the 5spd looks about 1" shorter than the auto my rear d/shaft still looks fine though, i haven't put the front one on yet cause i'm tired. like i said, it's an easy swap. If a highschool kid (an above average one) w/ hand tools can do it by himself so can you! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
14,459 Posts
A preist, a 3 footed aardvark, and a blender full of tacks and bleach to put your codsack in while you are working on your truck.
Well, that was where I went wrong...

I used a four-footed aardvark that was three feet long while listening to Thelonious Monk instead of having the priest on hand...

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Well, that was where I went wrong...

I used a four-footed aardvark that was three feet long while listening to Thelonious Monk instead of having the priest on hand...

:flipoff2:
It's always the little stuff that screws you up.
I mean, at least you had an aardvark on hand, just forgot to cut off a foot.

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Wouldn't he need to chase a short bus for that swap? Just thinking out loud...
yes, he cpould try a 4 speed, as he seems to be a gear short to start:D

·
Registered
14,459 Posts
It's always the little stuff that screws you up.
I mean, at least you had an aardvark on hand, just forgot to cut off a foot.
Yep, minor details will get you every time...

And the aardvark had a lot to say about the idea of losing a foot! :eek:

·
Not a Wenzelite
36,696 Posts
I used 3 friends, a tranny jack, several steaks, some ribs, a few cases of beer, some cussing, some 75-90W gear oil, anti-seize lubricant, and a pregnant midget on a waterbed.

The swap isn't worth it just to go 5-speed. May as well go duals at the same time--especially if you need to retube drivelines. It's super worthwhile if you're going duals and gears while going 5-speed. My Runner is like a brand new rig!!!!

·
Registered
14,459 Posts
and a pregnant midget on a waterbed.
So, does the pregnant midget replace the priest or the aardvark and how does that work for you with that replacement? Would you use a midget again or stick with priests and aardvarks? :D

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
May require a clutch pedal not many automatics came with them but I think I read somewhere you need one.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Hmm lets see.... 5 speed tranny, flywheel, pilot bushing, clutch set, master and slave cylinders, hydraulic lines for said cylinders, brake/clutch pedal set.... :shaking:
Whoa there, you left out the left handed, heat treated ACME doomaflatchie joint...

I'm done, wont someone please delete this thread so my post count will go back down to normal?

Obligatory :flipoff2:

·
Not a Wenzelite
36,696 Posts
So, does the pregnant midget replace the priest or the aardvark and how does that work for you with that replacement? Would you use a midget again or stick with priests and aardvarks? :D
No, the pregnant midget actually requires a wiccan midwife with a one-eyed black cat named Azrail.

Same reason you can't use a birfield eliminator kit with a Longfield outer. :flipoff2;

1 - 18 of 18 Posts