Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok before i rolled my 3rd Gen dual cab i had been running a 2.25" body lift and had built my sliders to suit this. The sliders are welded to the frame and i dont plan on cutting them off as they work fantastic and have not bent at all with some real hard wheeling.

The thing is i dont want to run the body lift this time with the 2nd Gen Regular cab i am fitting to it now. So my question is has anyone cut their rocker/sill panels off and basicaly incorperated their slider into it? How hard was it to remake the rocker/sill panel so it still had some structural strength to it?


Next question-
I have lifted the rear of my Tcase 5" to get a flat bottom and was wondering if anyone has got some pics of how much they had to cut out of the floor to fit their dual cases in there and how did you make the floor so it was still structural again? Tailshaft angles are not a concern.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,363 Posts
Well I don't have a toyota anymore but I just finished frenching in some 2X3X3/16 sliders into my half cab sami. body. I don't see why it wouldn't work on a toyota either. It's all about clearance baby!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,169 Posts
On my cab I had simply cut 2.5" wide notches in the rockers and tucked the bars up high.

But......I wasn't worried about dirt accumulation or rust here.

Jay
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,815 Posts
I cut out the whole rocker, then inset 2 X 3 rectangular tubing on end into the gap, pouned the underside flat to the tube, then booger welded it. No rockers at all :D :D .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,996 Posts
RE:Todd said:
I cut out the whole rocker, then inset 2 X 3 rectangular tubing on end into the gap, pouned the underside flat to the tube, then booger welded it. No rockers at all :D :D .
Todd, is it visibnle in this TDS pic?

Isn't it creepy when someone ELSE posts pics of your rig as an example? :flipoff2:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,646 Posts
RE:Todd said:
I cut out the whole rocker, then inset 2 X 3 rectangular tubing on end into the gap, pouned the underside flat to the tube, then booger welded it. No rockers at all :D :D .
Now that's what I may do as well, since I am building new sliders anyway. I'll have to takea peek and see what needs to be done. Got some 2x4x0.25 :eek: tube sitting in the garage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,178 Posts
TNToy said:
Todd, is it visibnle in this TDS pic?

Isn't it creepy when someone ELSE posts pics of your rig as an example? :flipoff2:
:eek: thats got some dints, but it makes me feel so much better about my panelwork!!:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,363 Posts
Damn I think that must be the ugliest truck I've ever seen! Props. to you for your unconventional thinking! Sheesh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,815 Posts
TNToy said:
Todd, is it visibnle in this TDS pic?

Isn't it creepy when someone ELSE posts pics of your rig as an example? :flipoff2:
I don't see any sliders, must be visible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,815 Posts
ECF said:
Damn I think that must be the ugliest truck I've ever seen! Props. to you for your unconventional thinking! Sheesh
Thank you :D :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,338 Posts
I thought about doing this but decided it was going to be lots of work and so went with more convetional round tube sliders. The 2x4x0.25" steel is still busting my toes in the garage from several years ago!

Also thought about the angel iron, after my 'flatbed' I was all fabbed out for awhile.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,736 Posts
RUFF said:
Ok before i rolled my 3rd Gen dual cab i had been running a 2.25" body lift and had built my sliders to suit this. The sliders are welded to the frame and i dont plan on cutting them off as they work fantastic and have not bent at all with some real hard wheeling.

The thing is i dont want to run the body lift this time with the 2nd Gen Regular cab i am fitting to it now. So my question is has anyone cut their rocker/sill panels off and basicaly incorperated their slider into it? How hard was it to remake the rocker/sill panel so it still had some structural strength to it?


Next question-
I have lifted the rear of my Tcase 5" to get a flat bottom and was wondering if anyone has got some pics of how much they had to cut out of the floor to fit their dual cases in there and how did you make the floor so it was still structural again? Tailshaft angles are not a concern.

As far as lifting the tcase up I raised mine 3" I don't have a body lift though. I couldn't lift it any higher without cutting the floor ribs out of the floor that run across the rear of the cab. By not cutting them I didn't do much damage to the strenght of the floor. I was not able to obtain the flat bottom but it is pretty close.



You can see the rib I am talking about just above the very end of tcases. As you can see I cut a large hole but stopped before cutting out the rib. You having a bodylift may allow you to raise your tcases high enough to get it above the frame rails.

[email protected] cut his ribs out and got the flat bottom he also has a small bodylift though. He told me that because of the missing ribs his floor was kinda soft and that when he hits bumps the floor flexes down enough that it comes into contact with his rear driveshaft
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top