Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1989 Toyota reg cab roller (minus engine/tranny) everything else is there. Two inch body lift, firewall/ fender massaging to fit 37's with slight rubbing, 35's with no issues. It's currently sitting on some bald 33's. I just paid the reg. fees, so it is good for 345 days or so....

The bad:
This truck has a slavage history. It was in an accident 12 years ago and has had the salvage title since. All inspections, fees, etc have been done and registration and transfer is now like any other vehicle. I bought this truck last year when I was in a bind for some cheap wheels. A couple months after, the head cracked, so I replaced the entire engine with a new one and spared no expense, so I'm keeping it (since I paid more for the engine than the truck!) I have been driving this truck 3-4 days a week, but just bought a diesel that I can use for work so this is no longer needed. Interior carpet is gutted (bench/panels are still there), windshield is cracked, normal dents and dings for a truck this age.

Would be good for a truggy build, IMO looking for $500 for rolling assembly (with tcase), title, 50% finished half doors

·
Registered
660 Posts
id like to come take a look at it im in oroville and work in chico you can call me at work if you would like 342-8370 ask for josh

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will call you tomorow, truck is still complete and driveable at this time, but I plan to get the motor/tranny pulled in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
TOyota

How much in running condition can I get some pics.
ban460aol.com

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'll have to get some pics for guys asking. As far as running condiiton, I'm nearly $3k deep into the motor with about 7k miles on it.......

-Full rebuild, .20 over with all new internals
-NEW head casting with new vavles, springs, etc
-Thorley tri-y header
-LCE bored throttle body
-Downey intake
-New V6 radiator
-New Napa "gold" alt.
-New Napa "gold" starter
-New Napa "gold" water pump
-2.25" exhaust w/magnaflow muffler
-balanced injectors
-upper/lower intakes cleaned
I'd sell it running for $3500, less than that I'd just as soon keep the motor for my '85 runner. I'm mostly looking to be rid of the "truck"

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Pics, I never really took any with the 37's on it, that would show anything, but you should be able to tell by the room left with 33's.

And what I replaced it with, probably not really a fair comparison

Attachments

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The grill/clip was notched to clear an 8274. I pulled all of the a/c stuff when I put the new motor in. I do still have the lower part of the core support so that it can be welded back in.

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pm'd you back. I will try to get the motor out this week, looks like a wet forecast though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts