Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a 50cc motorcycle for my 5 & 6 yr olds. What is the best one on the market?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
honda makes the best 50 w/ the most aftermarket upgrades and stuff for them..
xr50's are great little bikes and im assuming the new crf50 is just as good cause i think its the same,,, or you could buy mine here

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
i dont know, ive never seen a 5 year old ride a 50, but the XR50s are really really torquey. i would be afraid a 5 year old would loop it out instantly and then be scared of it. first time i rode a XR50 at age 19, i hit 2nd gear and almost went over.

on the other hand, XR50s are bulletproof, and your kids would enjoy it forever. you never really outgrow a 50, it just turns into a playbike.

Jeff

·
Registered
730 Posts
Jeffh555 said:
i dont know, ive never seen a 5 year old ride a 50, but the XR50s are really really torquey. i would be afraid a 5 year old would loop it out instantly and then be scared of it. first time i rode a XR50 at age 19, i hit 2nd gear and almost went over.

on the other hand, XR50s are bulletproof, and your kids would enjoy it forever. you never really outgrow a 50, it just turns into a playbike.

Jeff

haha i was riding a 80 at 4

Honda is the best 50

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
The Yamaha PW50 is a better BEGINER bike than the Honda because of the lower seat, no gears and hand brakes for the front and rear wheels.

BUT my 5year old son just out grew it and is now on a CRF50 (same as XR50) and is loving it!!!

I started him at 3 1/2 on the PW with no training wheels ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts