Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i want to level my FJ with the rear or have the front a bit higher than the back. Ive looked at a ton of different kits and i cant afford coilovers yet and a dont want coil spacers but i do like th bilistein 5100 shocks and the OME lifts. Which one would be the better? i have 31" tires right now but when these wear out soon i will be putting 33s on. If i went with the 5100s could i use OME springs on the struts?

·
Registered
13 Posts
leveling

I have been running the 5100's for about 2 yrs. You do not need to change the springs just to level your rig unless you have a heavy aftermaket front bumper like a ARB with a winch. I started out on the second notch with my 5100's and it leveled it nicely. I now have them on the forth notch with a 3/8" spacer on top of it I got from wheeler's offroad and have a set of RC 2" lift springs in the rear with procomp es 1000 shocks. The stock front springs are alittle over powered by my winch and bumper so I will upgrade them soon to toytec adjustable coils. The reason I like the bilstein 5100's is they can grow with your skills and are under 200 bucks.:D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the good input, that was exactly what i was looking for hotsteel41. I like the way your fj looks. what size tire are you running in those pics?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks great. I'm currently about to install either a road armor bumper or either expedition one front bumper. I'm going to keep my rear stock suspension for now because I have 265 tires right now and probably going to use 5100s to level it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Outrideroffroad now offers the new (to the U.S.) Ironman Australian suspension which is much like the OME but costs a little less. They are pretty popular outside the United States.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts