81 - 100 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
13,028 Posts
Nice they look like they can take some abuse

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nice lookin fenders and entire bed for that matter. What tires are you runnin they almost look like the old style Goodyear MT

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Thanks alot guys, I have put a lot of time into this project. The tire are goodyear MT-OZs off a Hummer

·
Registered
24 Posts
5 star rating! Subscibed...

:)Looking Great! You are right on the year- 1953 was the last year of the small back window, split windsheild and 5 bar grill. I've had a '51 for the past 6 years, love it.

·
Banned
164 Posts
I would put another layer of sheetmetal on the inside of your fenders. Otherwise just like the oem ones they will get all dented up from rocks trying to fly thru them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Or you could line it with a thick rubber sheet. BTW you have just showed me how to make my gaurds. AWSOME. Thanks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
I hope to get going on this project again as soon as it warms up!! Santa was very good to me and I have a pile of part to put on. And I plan on putting some bedliner on the fenders.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I'm picking up my Willy's PU tomorrow. I've got a second cab and doors. I need to redo the floor and firewall. What did you do for tubing as the rocker. Looks like 2x3" but what wall thickness and do you plan using that for sliders? Awesome work by the way. I hope mine comes out half as nice.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
It is 2" or 1.5" square tube .095. I am going to add some sort of a slidder because the fenders sit just below the rocker. I hope to jump on this soon, damn job thing keeps gettin in the way!!

·
Registered
720 Posts
It is 2" or 1.5" square tube .095. I am going to add some sort of a slidder because the fenders sit just below the rocker. I hope to jump on this soon, damn job thing keeps gettin in the way!!
I hear ya. Got my pickup yesterday, going to start working on it as soon as I can. Thanks for the reply and keep up the good work. It's coming out awesome

81 - 100 of 163 Posts