Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Get Off My Lawn
13,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
5G is not some radioactive killer cancer giver system. Or whatever conspiracy theorists say. (I can't even keep it straight because they're all so different.)

The real danger: It allows huge surveillance networks with cameras everywhere that can run individual machine learning programs and operate as a decentralized system. Bigger problem for the cities and urban areas. But the internet of things will put the technology in households everywhere.

It's unhealthy because it imposes massive amounts of overview. Like an all seeing god.

Change my mind.

·
Hophead
77,590 Posts
Your conspiracy is garbage!!!

Now let me tell you mine, it's totally legit

:lmao:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Have you read "The Inevitable" ?

Massive surveillance and data gathering has already happened in China. It's coming here, and the people will love it.

Social Credit system...stuff like that.

A lot of 'neat' features in China's WeChat app that will eventually be here too.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
5G is not some radioactive killer cancer giver system.

Over 300 scientists and doctors from 35 countries disagree with you:

https://ehtrust.org/small-cells-mini-cell-towers-health-letters-scientists-health-risk-5g/

5G Appeal: 5G Appeal – 5G Appeal Scientist 5G appeal call for 5G roll out moratorium

“We recommend a moratorium on the roll-out of the fifth generation, 5G, for telecommunication until potential hazards for human health and the environment have been fully investigated by scientists independent from industry…RF-EMF has been proven to be harmful for humans and the environment.”

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
5G is not some radioactive killer cancer giver system. Or whatever conspiracy theorists say. (I can't even keep it straight because they're all so different.)

The real danger: It allows huge surveillance networks with cameras everywhere that can run individual machine learning programs and operate as a decentralized system. Bigger problem for the cities and urban areas. But the internet of things will put the technology in households everywhere.

It's unhealthy because it imposes massive amounts of overview. Like an all seeing god.

Change my mind.
They don't need 5G for nation wide surveillance. They have RING.

You know that cool video you have, that one you log into a slick website to view? Yeah.... You don't own that. And you know that service agreement you clicked to make the software work? Yeah, you gave them the right to change how they use the data whenever they want.

·
Get Off My Lawn
13,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Massive surveillance and data gathering has already happened in China. It's coming here, and the people will love it.

A lot of 'neat' features in China's WeChat app that will eventually be here too.
I have not. I'll check it out.

·
Registered
790 Posts
news flash, any radio / microwaves are bad for you. Wifi, 2g, 3g, etc.

Personally I hate all of it. Id abolish it and go wired on everything. All this shit does indeed contribute to cancer.

·
Non-Lemming
78,528 Posts

Change my mind.
Skynet is coming to get you.

·
Registered
263 Posts
that can run individual machine learning programs and operate as a decentralized system.
This part is wrong. Machine learning requires tons of resources. Any machine learning worth a damn is done in big data centers. That's why things like google assistant and Siri don't work without an internet connection- it's all being sent back to somewhere more powerful to process. That's also why 5G is exciting for people- more bandwidth and faster speeds to send more data more quickly.

·
Non-Lemming
78,528 Posts
This part is wrong. Machine learning requires tons of resources. Any machine learning worth a damn is done in big data centers. That's why things like google assistant and Siri don't work without an internet connection- it's all being sent back to somewhere more powerful to process. That's also why 5G is exciting for people- more bandwidth and faster speeds to send more data more quickly.
People have been asking/begging for faster intardnet since they first had dialup. IMO all these conspiracies are bunk.

·
Get Off My Lawn
13,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay, so it's basically bigger better internet that allows for a huge leap in sensory expansions for those databases?

·
Hophead
77,590 Posts

You might want to look at England, they have surveillance down pretty well (before 5g)

·
Registered
790 Posts
People have been asking/begging for faster intardnet since they first had dialup. IMO all these conspiracies are bunk.
not me. Give me a 56k modem and a BBS and Ill rock it all day ASCII style.

I am in favor of bringing pagers back too.

Damn, I think I am getting to be your age :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 131 Posts