Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Works on my '16 PW. I'm running 37's and am getting like 10/14 unloaded indicated on the computer. Computer lines up with hand calculated =/- 0.5mpg. That's with a speedo that is uncorrected for tire size, so it's probably actually a little better. I don't drive it very hard.

My understanding is that there is no way to untraceably turn the MDS off permanently. So if you have a warranty, you are going to have to buy a second ECM to swap in when you take it in for anything. It's not like a GM MDS system where you can just get an OBD dongle to turn off the MDS, then remove the dongle to set everything back exactly how it was.

I think you get the 68RFE. 6 speed auto that seems pretty good in the short time I've had it. I don't know if you can get an Aisin in a 3500/6.4 combo.
16 PW on Toyo RTs 37x12.5 and corrected with AEV ProCal here. 11-12 unloaded here. Mostly city or going above southwest interstate speeds. 8-9 with either a single rig or small camper so far. Regearing to 5.13s in the near future now that I've got a little DD.

66RFE which is some combo of 65 and 68 architecture from other reading.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
16 PW on Toyo RTs 37x12.5 and corrected with AEV ProCal here. 11-12 unloaded here. Mostly city or going above southwest interstate speeds. 8-9 with either a single rig or small camper so far. Regearing to 5.13s in the near future now that I've got a little DD.

66RFE which is some combo of 65 and 68 architecture from other reading.
How do you like the AEV ProCal? It looks like I need one of those for my re-cal and a Range Technology disablement tool when (if) they come out.

·
Registered
494 Posts
How do you like the AEV ProCal? It looks like I need one of those for my re-cal and a Range Technology disablement tool when (if) they come out.
It does what it's advertised to do. I tweaked the speedo a few times the first day and haven't touched it since. It's too bad the TPMS requires a dealer visit (or full scan tool) BCM reset.

I'm hearing that AlfaOBD is the way to go now though. More functionality than the ProCal which is just dipswitch uploads.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I actually just reset my TMPS threshold on my 2015 a week or so ago with AlfaOBD. No more orange light on constantly, plus the EVIC display stays on wherever I left it now instead of going back to the tire pressure screen every time I start it. I haven't messed with the speedo yet, but it sounds pretty easy to do.

Pete

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I first looked at getting the windows version (since we didn't have any Android devices), but ended up getting a $50 Fire 7 tablet to run it. I haven't used it a lot, but so far so good. As a bonus, I can use it to stream music in the garage instead of having to use my phone.

Pete

·
Registered
12,186 Posts
I actually just reset my TMPS threshold on my 2015 a week or so ago with AlfaOBD. No more orange light on constantly, plus the EVIC display stays on wherever I left it now instead of going back to the tire pressure screen every time I start it. I haven't messed with the speedo yet, but it sounds pretty easy to do.

Pete
looking into that, the tire warning bullshit is annoying. I run my winter studs at 45psi unless I'm hauling.

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
looking into that, the tire warning bullshit is annoying. I run my winter studs at 45psi unless I'm hauling.

Apparently they’ve made it harder for 2018+ models. I’m sure someone will come up with a solution eventually. Going to keep watching it as I like running mine around 65 if not towing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Apparently they’ve made it harder for 2018+ models. I’m sure someone will come up with a solution eventually. Going to keep watching it as I like running mine around 65 if not towing.

You can still do it with alfaobd, you just need a bypass harness due to the security. Look at the thread on ram forum or Cummins forum, it's all there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
You can still do it with alfaobd, you just need a bypass harness due to the security. Look at the thread on ram forum or Cummins forum, it's all there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Cool, thanks. Missed that when I was looking.

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
5.7 is the only v8 available in the Ram 1500. I hear they are going to put the 6.4 in it, but that's rumors been going around for a few years.
You can get a 6.2L V8 in some F150 trucks and GMC/Chevy offers their 6.2L V8 in the Silverado/Sierra 1500s........but only one V8 is available in the Ram 1500?!

What's the power specs of the current 5.7L Hemi?

·
Premium Member
8,778 Posts
Hi-Jack continued...

Pulled the trigger last weekend on a 2015 F150 3.5L EB with 56K miles. So far the truck is a dream.

I really like the layout of the F150 over the Hemi.

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
What axles came under the 14+ 2500 trucks? AAM?

Anything change with the 6.4s over the years?

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
What axles came under the 14+ 2500 trucks? AAM?

Anything change with the 6.4s over the years?

For 2014-18:

Front AAM 9.25”
Rear AAM 11.5”

Those may have changed in 2019, but I’m not sure.

Not sure if anything has changed on the 6.4 over the years. Seems like some people have issues with the mds system. You can go with the hellcat delete, and it addresses the issue.

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
19 gets the HD8speed auto. I haven't driven one but have read reviews. All of them were extremely positive.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts