Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright,
I am going to start this thread now, as I am about to start the build. My build time is 7/3/08-7/8/08.

Here's What I Got:
1999 Wrangler SE
1997 Dodge 5.2l
1999 NV3500
1993 Cherokee NP231
1988 Cherokee Dana 44
1988 Cherokee High Pinion Dana 30
Rubicon Express LJ Long Arm w/ Bilstine 7100 Series Remote Reservoir Shocks
37" Goodyear MTR's on Street Locks
Summit Racing Fuel Cell
PSC Tube Fenders and Comp Corners.

What's Going In:
1978 Ford HP 60 front, 5.38:1 Yukon Gears, Yukon CROMO 35 Spline Shafts w/ Supper Joints, Detroit Locker, Polyperformance Drive Gears, Hub Seals, Wheel Bearings, Kingpin Rebuild Kit, PSC Full Hydro, Custom Truss, Great Lakes Off Road Diff Cover.

1978 Chevy K30 Full Float 14 bolt, 5.38:1 Yukon gears, Detroit Locker and Dual Caliper Disk Brake Conversion w/ a CNC Staging Brake and Swageloc acting as an E-brake, BTF Truss, Great Lakes Off Road Diff Cover.

I am going to be keeping the Rubicon Express stuff for now. I used LJ rear lower control arms in the rear and made some custom uppers. I will be replacing the uppers out back. I will also be using another set of LJ lowers for the front. Both front and rear will have triangulated uppers. However I will be replacing the Bilstine's with 16" Sway-a-Way Race Runner Remote Reservoir Coil-over’s w/ Triple Rate Eibach Springs Front and Rear

My brackets are, a mix of Ballistic Fabrication, BTF, and Polyperformance.

16" Race Runner Coil-over’s w/ Triple Rate Eibach Springs Front and Rear.

My Wheels and Tires are Hummer H2's, w/ 42" Iroks

All parts are ordered and sitting in the living room, the collection of parts started a few months back. As the build progress over the 6 days I will update nightly with pics!

This is my first major build so a big FU in the begining to all the assholes out there.

Well, I'll start with a few before pics.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Should be very cool when its done... when is the "six day clock" gonna start?
BTW, cool choice in tail lights.:smokin:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks, The "6 day clock" starts the night of 7/2 and will go until the night of 7/8. It is alot to get done, but I have no choice but to finsh it on the night of 7/8.

·
Registered
316 Posts
good looking rig as it is... What gives with having only 6 days? Does it blow up or self destruct if not completed on time?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The 6 day clock is because I have 6 days off in a row from work. Then I got and event to go to in the middle of July and I need it done by then.

To answer a bunch of PM's:The Jeep started as a 1999 SE 4 banger, the V8 is out of a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Automaic 4x2, the ECU is is out of a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Manual, the NV3500 is out of a 1999 Dodge Ram 4x4, and the transfercase is out of a 1993 6 cylinder Cherokee. The wiring was not all that bad it took a few days but was pretty straight forward. It looks stock but sounds bad ass.

·
Registered
7 Posts
sounds like a crazy monster garage episode!!! does jesse james come out & drive your rig afterwards?!?
good luck w/ the build!!!

·
Owner TWF
9,235 Posts
Good luck bro. I hope you can pull it off. I'm hopeing to get mine done in the next 6 mo.:grinpimp:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Cool. Tuned in for this one!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Where'd ya get the dual caliper brackets for the 14 bolt? I take it 1 per side will be a cutting brake /e brake???

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I got two sets of caliper brackets from Dan at RuffStuff, cut them down the middle and am going to weld them up. I am going to use a staging brake from CNC Brakes w/ a stad alone master cylinder as the E-Brake and adding a Swageloc to hold the line pressure from the master cylinder. Here are a few pics of the master cylinder and of the caliper brackets.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
That e-brake looks like a hawt idea ! :smokin: I think I just got wood over an e-brake ! ? :eek::shaking::flipoff2:better than the eldorado calipers any way , lol

·
Registered
483 Posts
Cool..that's waht I'm planning as well...I just wasn;t sure if Dan had released the dual caliper bracket yet. Looks good.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
No, dan has not released them as far as I know! So I just bought two sets and made my own. Yea, I think that this is a way better system then the Caddy calipers, and with the polished handel it adds that *bling* factor :shaking:.

1 - 20 of 189 Posts