Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
york or pa jeep show? i don't even take mine up there....cops are just swarming all over...plus my jeep isn't 100% legal lol

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Well, I was able to get a few things done yesterday pre 6 day build. I got the gears in the front Dana 60 and rear 14 bolt done. I also removed the old Cherokee Dana 44, upper control arms, rear drive shaft, e-brake cables/brake lines. I then cut the rear frame off, cut off the upper control arm brackets ground every thing down and test fitted the BTF TJ rear frame sections. I also welded up the Polyperformace upper control arm brackets.

Tonight I will post some pic of the progress...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Yea, coming back from the PA Jeep show last year I got nailed by Maryland State Police... Last year I got home with first place and 11 repair orders.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
Here are some pics from yesterday as promised

Just took out the old Dana 44

Removed the brakelines, ebrake cables, and driveshaft

Removed the upper control arm mounts

Marked the frame for cut that is needed for the BTF rear frame section

Could not help but to throw the rear axle and tire under there to get an idea of what it was goint to look like

Suported the rear frame with ratchet straps and cut it using the sawsall

Ground off the welds from the upper control arm brackets and cleaned off the paint to mock up the rear frame

·
Registered
109 Posts
Those 42's look sick!!

Nice work

G-

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
The pics are from this past Sunday, the only camera that I am willing to handel with dirty hands wont hold the right date or time when you turn it off. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I would hate doing the rear first, do the front first and then the rear will seem like cake!

·
Registered
46 Posts
you staying at red roof again this year for the all breeds show? I stayed there with my silver lj from MA last year and I couldnt stop staring at your rig.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Any updates? Got some pictures of your new back half of your frame? Looking good.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
Day One!

Today started at 6:00am and did not end until 10:45pm. Sorry for the delay in getting the pics up.

Today I was able to fab up and weld the front truss (which will hold the PSC double ended ram and upper four link mounts) The front truss is made out of 1/2"x4" plate.

I welded the rear 14 bolt truss from Blue Torch Fab as well.

I also welded up the front and rear 10* offset lower control arm brackets (axle) from Ballistic Fabrication. Welded the rear lower control arm brackets to the axle.

Welded the upper control arm brackets (frame) form Poly Performance.

The last few days after work I was able to get a bit done as well. The other night I welded up the rear section of the Blue Torch Fab frame. I did a few extra things to it though. First I weled up the BTF logos that were laser cut into the bumper and and the sides. I also added a section of plate to the rear bumper to box it in. I then welded a piece of 1"x2"x1/8" box to mount the rear brake lines to. I was also able to weld up the rear caliper brackets, and cut off the front coil buckets.

Oh... and for all you weld critiquing assholes. This is one of the welds off the 1/2" plate front truss.

More Pics to follow!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Yea, I will be staying at the Red Roof Inn again this year. I remember your Jeep from last year as well. Hope to see you up there.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
Day Two!

Today was an unprodutive day... I was not able to get that much done before the girlfriend pulled tight on the leash (something about going to watch fireworks down on the mall in D.C.). I did however spend 3 hours looking for some grade 8 bolts :shaking:. Cut the upper control arm brackets off the Rubicon Express front control arms. I will be using lower arms as my rear uppers. I also drilled the rear caliper brackets to bolt up to the rear axle. Last night I taped up all the calipers, rotors, hubs, and other misc. parts. I was able to get them all painted this morning. I will post some pics tomorrow morning. It is now :beer: time!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
Pics From Day Two

Removed the brackets form the Rubicon Express Lowers

Got a bunch of parts preped and painted

Mocked up, drilled and mounted the dual rear caliper brackets

41 - 60 of 189 Posts