Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
wharcha got in the rear now?
if ya have a 9inch its got a lowpinion go with a 60 its not HP but its higher than a 9 inch also a d44 rear is higher .

that is if cost is an issue those are a solution somwhat:D

·
Registered
701 Posts
SMART ASS said:

whats the cost of a highpinion 9 3rd?
wouldnt know if it were me id have a 60 out back but for now
its a toyota tacoma rear or 9 inch :flipoff2:

dont ask why its just how it worked out :eek:

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
Rerard said:
I think im just gonna build my 9... shaved, discs, 35splines, blah... and get a shaft that doesnt mind rubbing up against a rock here and ther.
Dude make a square driveline, put it on when you get to the trail. You can walk the truck off rocks with one... :D

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
SMART ASS said:
:flipoff2:

How did you cope with the Low Pinion 9 and your rear driveline?

How did I cope? I didn’t give a fawk, if I bent a tube I bent a tube… I ruined a couple... no biggie, just got them re-tubed.

But after I drove my friend’s buggy through the sluice, I want to have square drivelines. I drove that line about ¾ the way through where the passenger tires are on the slabs and the drivers side goes over that huge rock. Well being my first time driving this buggy I missed the placement of the drivers rear and wound up sitting on the driveline on that rock. I touched the gas, the back end walked sideways till the passenger rear was touching rock and off I went. It was fawkin :grinpimp: I’ve watched wacko use his driveline’s for traction numerous times, it fawkin works for a trail rig! So I will do up the square tube d/l’s when I’m done with my truck this time. Can’t drive down the road with it, but you should definitely have a spare d/l’s anyways or at least a way to fix them if you really want to get stilly stooopid. My suggestion is to make one for the rear atleast and put it on when you get to the wheelin.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Rerard said:
I think im just gonna build my 9... shaved, discs, 35splines, blah... and get a shaft that doesnt mind rubbing up against a rock here and ther.
I have a shaft for ya and it won't mind rubbing on a rock:D
No really 4340 alloy 3" .250 wall 1.5"4340 spline strongest in the world but you're going to hate the price! E-mail me I'm on too many post to remember.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Rerard said:
I have a shaft for ya and it won't mind rubbing on a rock:D
No, really 4340 alloy 3" .250 wall 1.5"4340 spline strongest in the world but you're going to hate the price! E-mail me I'm on too many threads to remember.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.