Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to have 8 lug wheels but I have a set of 6 on 5.5 I'd like to use.....I'm thinking about drilling them for 12 lug. The back side is flat, the center is really thick....I don't see what the big deal would be. Instead of starting with 6 lug D60 hubs, I could get the blanks instead. The rear is all custom any way...What do you think? It would be a 12 on 5.5.

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
I'd like to have 8 lug wheels but I have a set of 6 on 5.5 I'd like to use.....I'm thinking about drilling them for 12 lug. The back side is flat, the center is really thick....I don't see what the big deal would be. Instead of starting with 6 lug D60 hubs, I could get the blanks instead. The rear is all custom any way...What do you think? It would be a 12 on 5.5.
Why the fuck would you want that?

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
Makes sense to me. 8-lug rims are really hard to find.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
You say you have 6 lug wheels and want to run 8 lug wheels but you want to end up with 12 lugs, how does 6+8=12:confused: Are you wanting to have 12 holes drilled in a 5.5" circle:confused:

I think you should tell us a lot more about your build???

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You say you have 6 lug wheels and want to run 8 lug wheels but you want to end up with 12 lugs, how does 6+8=12:confused: Are you wanting to have 12 holes drilled in a 5.5" circle:confused:

I think you should tell us a lot more about your build???
The only reason to think about double drilling the wheels and hubs was just because I was still at the point I could do so. Now in hindsight, the mushroom heads on the studs will not even allow it on the back side....at least not in a 5.5 bolt circle.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can tell it's tuesday without looking at a calender.

So aftermarket 6-lug or blank pattern hubs that you can fit a chev 6-lug wheel over is something you already have?
No but the hubs were the final item on the shopping list. I could still take an alternate path. Thanks for the help guys...this isn't going to work. I either stick with 6 lugs and live with it or I start over.

·
Premium Member
3,948 Posts
Marsh Racing wheels in Arkansas can make you a set of big six lug wheels fairly cheap. Be sure to tell him to make the center out of a single 3/8" plate,if not he will make it too flimsy.

Your 6 lug wheels are already unique enough,you don't want to go making 12 lug.

·
Premium Member
5,013 Posts
Marsh Racing wheels in Arkansas can make you a set of big six lug wheels fairly cheap. Be sure to tell him to make the center out of a single 3/8" plate,if not he will make it too flimsy.

Your 6 lug wheels are already unique enough,you don't want to go making 12 lug.
Umm, did you even read the OP's posts???

1 - 20 of 22 Posts