Pirate 4x4 banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
9,964 Posts
The same as my 5 lug axle :flipoff2: Don't let the # of lugs fool you. Rockcrusher D60. "Hold up" is relative I guess, but with 70 furious carb'd squirrels and a rediculous amount of gearing, it should hold up in the snow (where he plans to run those tires) they chunk out too easy on the rocks.
Personaly, I would not think a rockcrusher 60 was a good idea with 54" boggers ;) But I see your point with no HP and driving in snow..

· Registered
25,334 Posts
Personaly, I would not think a rockcrusher 60 was a good idea with 54" boggers ;) But I see your point with no HP and driving in snow..
The same guy ran a HP D44 rear with 44" TSl's for years. Twisted a dutchman axle and a black max axle. No 5.38 R&P failures and no detroit failures. I took it to the con last year and he spent a week at the hammers with it, it gets flogged

· Moderating Midget
26,370 Posts
i imagine it does get flogged.....Boggers suck ass...54 in Boggers REALLY suck ass and running them on a vehicle that could not possibly provide enough weight for a good contact patch.

Yep, I bet he flogs the hell out of it alright.

· Registered
25,334 Posts
i imagine it does get flogged.....Boggers suck ass...54 in Boggers REALLY suck ass and running them on a vehicle that could not possibly provide enough weight for a good contact patch.

Yep, I bet he flogs the hell out of it alright.
Just for the snow (where you want maximum contact patch/minimal weight), he took them out once to play with them in some rocks and they started chunking. The 44's will go back on for the rocks. There are a ton of things on the rig that "shouldn't work" or hold up , but it gets the job done....back to the wheel adapters He's got them front and rear with the 54's until he converts the 60 to 8 lug and buys new wheels. I think they're janky and told him when he bought them, not my $$ or rig.

· Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I called wheeladapters.com the other day and Fred, the owner, said he didnt think he would ever get any more of the 6 lug/8 lug adapters. Then he went on telling me that he was going to Vegas this week to have a top notch surgeon perform heart surgery and he would either be fixxed or dead by next week. He is in his 70's, so he may be ready to retire if he survives. I said a prayer for him:)

· Premium Member
1,460 Posts
I run 8 lug rear, 6 lug front. What I came up with is an interchangeable spare that has a removeable center section so I can bolt in either lug pattern. Both center sections (hole pattern wheel) have 8 tabs w/ 1/2" bolts that secure them to the spare wheel. PM me your email & I'll send over a pic :cool:

· Registered
36 Posts
why not go 8 into 6

:grinpimp:Rusty I am kind of heading the same route... Guess after all will not used the 3spd case that I bought from you. anyways... I got a 265/205 combo w/ a 14bolt. I don't want to do the same thing you're doing.

check the web site from Gear Heavy Duty= www.GearTechHD.com

next link should take you the 14bolt conversion to 5 or 6 lug conversion for the 14 bolt. The link says it's a conversion for the 5 on 5.5 but I had previously seen that they sell the conversion for the 6 lug too. :D

http://www.geartechhd.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=4&pos=1

Found the other link
http://www.geartechhd.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=topn&cat=0&pos=23

· Registered
36 Posts
I got kind of curios on this issue. waay too expensive for my case

$695.00 for a pair of hubs to do the conversion from 8 to 6 lugs. May be it's no so bad compare to buying a front D60 8 lug or a D44 which are at a cheaper prize

as a kit $1410.00 includes bearings and disc brake conversion kit:mad3:

your choice

· Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I was about to call and check on $. I was pretty sure it wasnt gonna be cheap. I am gonna check with skulte in a couple of days and probably get a pair of adapters for the front. I will be able to sell the 6 lug hummer rims I am running right now and break even on $$.

· Registered
1,716 Posts
I was looking into this as a temporary solution for the future since I'll be putting an 8-lug axle up front and still have the 6-lug for a few months. I'm not sure what your budget is but I found what appears to be a pretty reputable wheel adapter seller that wanted $250 for a pair. Let me search for a few and I'll try to come up with his website.

Or...with the few people in this read looking at going the same route, we could have them made for way less than that. I can't imagine it would be that difficult to have a shop (or someone on here???) make the aluminum piece.

· Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.