Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Need help/opinions. I'm building a 97 TJ for crawiling, and I will drive it to work occasionally. My first jeep! Waggy front and D44 rear with 4.88's. ARB locker rear and aussie front (cheap!). I'm waffling between the 6" rough country long arm suspension lift or a 4" long arm with a 1" body lift. Do I need a body lift for adding protection plates underneath? One other question: The TJ was bought with a 3" body lift. Can I do anything to keep this? Or has it got to go? (add 2 1/2 suspension lift?). Can I save the $500 for SYE and CV drive shaft if I keep the 3" BL?
Currently has 33" tires, Will go to 35" eventually. Smittybilt bumpers and winch.

Thank you.

·
Launch it
2,352 Posts
Ditch the 3" BL and count out the 6" LA lift. As far as a body lift goes a 1" is all you need for clearance, no need to go any higher unless you just want to look cool at the mall. If you're in GA like your name implies remember low COG is the name of the game for what we have in the southeast. So out of the options you listed I would lean toward the 1" body and 4" long arm, with fender trimming if it will not clear 35's at full stuff.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Ditch the smitty bumpers, and slider plates are manufactured for install without a body lift. I'd recommend at least a 6" suspension, and 2" body lift great for not getting anywhere. Oh and don't forget about the rear plates to keep your ass from getting that old lady leg look.

Freakin Jeep guys

1 - 3 of 3 Posts