Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I posted before saying that my CTD smokes when cold, and I only notice it in the morning.

Well the last night, when it was warmed up, if I would get on it a little bit I could see some sort of smoke in the headlights of the car behind me. I couldn't tell what color it was, but in the day time I can't really see it.

Is this normal? :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,772 Posts
Just FYI, there is a new TSB on 04.5 trucks for white smoke and low fuel milage. I just read about it the other day and it was just released. Read the TDR and you will find it.

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
According to the overhead I get 18-19.5 on the freeway, and according to most thats 2mpg under what it actually is. So I assume I don't have a problem?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Don't assume anything. How are you driving when it smokes, are pulling out into traffic? Are you just cruising easy? Do you have any gauges, higher than normal EGT/lower than normal boost, etc. Don't know much but hope you figure it out.
Tony

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have guages yet and the truck is stock (for now). I noticed it when I was pulling into traffic under medium acceleration and higher RPMs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts