Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i sent out the cash for smittys old side mirrors( thanx bro) .... i know my 82 got lots of chrome but i dont realy want to add any more should i paint the mirrors if so with what .... or just leave em chrome ... oh and i dont know how to wash the truck so the chrome's bling bling falls short for me ;)

i thought about scuffin the crap out of it and usein spray can bed liner ... i also want to do the grill and door handles i just dont know if it will hold

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I painted my 62 mirrors on the 60. Used the same Rustolem Hard Hat paint as I have used on wheels. Just lighty scuffed em up.

I have had real good luck painting over chome trim with SEM Trim Black, but it's kinda spendy and the Rustolem seems to have worked well.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Oven cleaner will probably take the chrome completely off the mirros if that is what you desire. I just ran mine chrome when I had my 60. But I had chrome steel wheels so it sort of matched. Also your rain gutter chrome is easily removed if you decide you want to get rid of all the chorme. It is just a plastic trim piece held on with a few clips. I did ditch the roof trim on mine.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ginericfj80 said:
....Also your rain gutter chrome is easily removed if you decide you want to get rid of all the chorme.....

yea found that out yesterday when i slipped in the rain trying to get onto the roof rack and tore off part of it .... i got it back on but if the mirrors work out right i think i'll do it all

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dieselcruiserhead said:
Here's what mine looked like with chrome mirrors :)

Mmmmm looks like the colorado cruiser i tried to buy ... i guess i know who beat me to it :rolleyes: .... the chrome looks ok i might keep them chrome.... any one got a good wireing diagram for the switch ??? or a idea were i could get one FREE ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts