Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All spring/shackle hangers are exact distance. All square and parallel. All new springs and shackles, hangers, etc. after a ten mile road test we get this mess. Trying to identify what is up. Had 4 wheel alignment for measurements and everything checks out. Side to side, front back, center pin to center pin. It’s as if rear axle is canted but it’s not. Take a look. Ideas? We are stumped. Tempted to outboard upper hanger but then distances will be off. All parts brand new.

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
First try installed used springs and RR broke in about 15 minutes, destroyed OEM chevy shackle. Something is wrong… Granted the spring eye looks compromised but it promptly snapped off from side loading.

·
Registered
72 k10, bbc edelbrock e street efi, Ford axles
15 Posts
And you’re axle spring perches are the same distance as the spring hangers?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I did a Chevy spring swap on my 86 4 runner with double shackles and I didn’t have that problem. That’s shity, maybe a pan hard bar?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Maybe your shackle angle is too much? So the driver side is kicked over to right as well? I’m sure it is but no pictures

·
Registered
15 Posts
From what I understand you can have the rear shackle mounts closer together on leaf springs. Idk if that would help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts