Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am a toyota guy with a 85 4runner. i was walking through town the other
day and saw a really good looking little sami. i was looking at the springs and they are really little. has anyone thought about putting 2wd chevies on their sami. its a super common thing with toys. just wondering.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Most are running Heep YJ springs. They are 9" longer than stock Sami springs. Others have went to coils.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
we just put a set of 63"s in my buddys chevy the other night and they were custom built to be a little softer and there still super stiff............ theres no way they'd ever work in a sammy unless you had a v8 and 1 tons.... and they would give it a huge lift... way too much...

·
Registered
121 Posts
i put tacos 56inches long in the back of mine with teraflex shackels and its impressive ride and flex plus i put 82 toy rears in the front also and so far im likin it

·
Registered
457 Posts
cool, i didnt know catfish was rebuilding :) . the lady im getting mine from is going through a divorce, and aparently i have to wait until everything is final til she can give it to me, but i plan on using s10 rears in the back, and toyota rears up front. with yota axles.

do you need to remove any leaves using yotas up front?

·
Registered
524 Posts
decyfer said:
i am a toyota guy with a 85 4runner. i was walking through town the other
day and saw a really good looking little sami. i was looking at the springs and they are really little. has anyone thought about putting 2wd chevies on their sami. its a super common thing with toys. just wondering.
Chev's on the YOTA.......YOTA's on the SAMI, it's like a recycling center. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts